Topic: A very strange request. Space Junk!  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
A very strange request. Space Junk!
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:40:48 am »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:56:25 pm by Fallen_Warrior »
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

yochenhsieh

Re: A very strange request. Space Junk!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 06:37:30 am »
This is probably going to sound dumb and pointless. But could someone (Maybe a couple of someone's) possibly make some none specific debris (Space Junk). Twisted girders and hull plates sort of thing. Maybe even a low poly body thrown in for good measure.

I make this request so I can have some generic debris within my brk models. I feel if a starship is destroyed the amount of anti-matter suddenly been released would leave nothing recognisable of the original ship, other than a few pieces that would have magically survived or crew who were flung free before detonation of the hull.
This means with my limited skills I can make generic brk models for any model without having to cut it up and attempt to cap the holes and then map the new faces, which is something I can not do.

Also so I make an alternate set of asteroids. I would like to make optional debris fields for those that get bored of seeing just rocks in space. Or just want a bit of variation.

Supplied is an image from dead space 3. Ignore the fact that there is a near complete ship in the middle ground. There is plenty of none specific debris in both the foreground and background to convey the idea I'm trying to put across.

If only a couple of people make a couple of pieces. I can kitbash them to make more variations to suit my needs. They do not need to be very well detailed meshes nor do they need amazingly mapped or textured.

Thank you for your consideration and for any future involvement.
Generic debris is a interesting idea. But it will look weird in SFC3, which I suppose you're modding?

When a model is about to explode in SFC3:
first it will switch to brk model (!) and one part leaves away;
then flashing illumination maps, if it has any;
finally divided to pieces (and the explosion animation appears).

So if you replace the brk model with something generic, you will see the ship just change into some debris in a sudden :( , floating a few seconds, then explode. It should work better in SFC1/2/OP.