Topic: Mission Editor v1.0.0.2  (Read 6877 times)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Mission Editor v1.0.0.2
« on: January 15, 2018, 06:14:16 pm »
First public release of the MissionEditor.

At the moment it works like a map editor.
It allows you to open any maps, from any mission script, from any SFC version, edit them, and save the changes back in a safe way.

>>> Mission Editor v1.0.0.2 <<<
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Re: Mission Editor v1.0.0.2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:38:39 pm »
AMAZING WORK!!!!!!!!! :D
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 04:22:25 pm »
Wow!

Amazing.

Is there a tutorial video somewhere?

I've dreamed that we could one day recreate the SFC1 missions for SFC: OP. Is that even possible now?

The Quantum Factor SFC1 custom mission would be awesome to play in SFC: OP.

IMHO, this is like the Holy Grail for SFC: OP.

Thanks for sharing this.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 09:53:27 pm »
Thanks for this! Can't wait to play around with it!

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:43:53 am »
just dropping this here as FYI when using  the MissionMap Editor; ( ) = I'm not 100% sure yet

In multiplayer/skirmish (or all) scripts in OP/EAW (and most), the first 6 starting positions G > L are the positions of the players involved; the remaining starts of M > Z are for AI/etc. ships/monsters included in the scenario. So changing  G H I J K L will change where players 1 2 3 4 5 6 show up.

You can consider the "end position" as the direction the units will face when they first appear on the map, relative to their position. So, a G & H in the middle, with the "g" at the bottom and the "h" at the top, would mean G & H ships would be near each other but facing opposite directions, if you follow my meaning.

If memory serves me correctly (and that is by no means a statement of faith), placing large objects such as planets/stars in adjacent spots will crash the script, so try to keep a few "." between these. Asteroids and dust clouds shouldn't be an issue

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 12:32:42 pm »
In multiplayer/skirmish (or all) scripts in OP/EAW (and most), the first 6 starting positions G > L are the positions of the players involved;  (...) So changing  G H I J K L will change where players 1 2 3 4 5 6 show up.

Yes, that will be the case in most of the maps.

In the text file, that comes in the ZIP file, we can see which are the default symbols that can be used in the maps.
But, as any symbol can be overwritten, we should be careful before assume anything.
It is always a good idea to study the maps, of the script we want to edit, before doing any change. Because the developer of that script could have overwritten something and changed its meaning...

If memory serves me correctly (and that is by no means a statement of faith), placing large objects such as planets/stars in adjacent spots will crash the script, so try to keep a few "." between these. Asteroids and dust clouds shouldn't be an issue

The scripts apparently doesn't crash. But it is always a good idea to give some space for larger objects so they won't overlap.
Bellow is a screenshot of something i tested before writing the mission editor
My ship is somewhere in the middle... but the IA didn't survive... ^^

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2018, 03:49:24 pm »