Topic: i hope they got permission...  (Read 4769 times)

Offline jayvt3

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
i hope they got permission...
« on: April 30, 2016, 11:48:31 pm »
anyone here remember the FCC+ Churchill model that was real popular back in days of yore?  remember who made it?  well here it is...http://screenrant.com/star-trek-bryan-fuller-filming-2016-2017/

I've seen a lot of modelers from the forums have there work stolen over the years.  we may be a dying breed but let's not let these greedy little, unoriginal bastards profit from our work and most importantly the work from our long gone friends.

Frey, it's time to bury the hatchet with Atra.  and not that way either.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: i hope they got permission...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 09:25:20 am »
anyone here remember the FCC+ Churchill model that was real popular back in days of yore?  remember who made it?  well here it is...http://screenrant.com/star-trek-bryan-fuller-filming-2016-2017/

I've seen a lot of modelers from the forums have there work stolen over the years.  we may be a dying breed but let's not let these greedy little, unoriginal bastards profit from our work and most importantly the work from our long gone friends.

Frey, it's time to bury the hatchet with Atra.  and not that way either.

First, maybe the author of the story grabbed that image off the internet. Second, Star Trek is CBS' IP and that model is clearly based on the motion pictures enterprise refit and excelsior. If you think you own a star trek model that you designed from reworking on screen elements, think Axanar.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 09:02:42 am »
Double up on that first point Tobin mentioned - this article uses the Churchill, that's all. Sloppy journalism on the internet (surprising, I know  ::) )

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 06:07:49 pm »
I know that model, but its not Atra's work. I don't know who made it tough.

As for Atra's "conflict" was on the "old" forum. Beside he and many modelers are no longer making new one.

Atra barely respond to anyone, if he respond to email.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 04:01:00 pm »
The person was
Brian Patrick Montgomery (aka Anarion)
Who made the original Churchill model, this was back in the day when SciFi-Meshes was still an extremely popular site, also before allot of scifi modelling sites existed.
As for Atrahasis it really came down to if he knew you, I have lost contact with him over the years but I never had a issue contacting him.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 02:33:53 pm »
I would have liked to see a new series set in the Daedalus period following the end of the Romulan War when the Federation would be less than 20 years old. Obviously not a good idea to set the show on either the USS Archon, USS Horizon or USS Essex as fans already know what the fate of these ships will be from existing canon.

There is also that blank era between TMP and TNG which has many themes to explore such as first contact with the Cardassians, the Klingon Empire in the aftermath of Paxis being destroyed and buggering up Kronos in the process, the reemergence of the Romulan Star Empire as a serious millitary threat, Federation minor wars with newly encountered races (Katarans, etc.) mentioned in TNG and a host of other post TMP pre TNG historical canon mentioned during the show.
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 02:48:57 am »
The person was
Brian Patrick Montgomery (aka Anarion)
Who made the original Churchill model, this was back in the day when SciFi-Meshes was still an extremely popular site, also before allot of scifi modelling sites existed.
As for Atrahasis it really came down to if he knew you, I have lost contact with him over the years but I never had a issue contacting him.

Thought that WZ45 did one at one point..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!