Topic: Star Trek cookbook  (Read 3511 times)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Star Trek cookbook
« on: May 13, 2016, 10:05:02 am »
Janeway's birthday cake

Yield: 12 servings

Time:
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 30 min
Cool: 30 min
Ready in: 75 min

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
1 cup 1% milk
1 teaspoon salt

Directions:

Grease two 9" cake pans and line them with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sugar, cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients, and mix until thoroughly combined. Mixture will be very watery, but that is what makes the cake so moist.
Pour into cake pans, and bake for 30-35 minutes in preheated oven. Remove when center is set, a toothpick inserted comes out clean, and edges pull away from the sides of the pan. Allow to cool, and then frost with blue butter cream frosting.

Blue Butter Cream Frosting:

2 sticks butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons whipping cream
1 teaspoon extract (I used vanilla, but mint would also taste good)
Blue Food Coloring (I didn't measure this out, but I used around 1-2 teaspoons)

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, beat butter. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Beat in whipping cream and extract. Add food coloring little by little until desired color is reached. Frost cooled chocolate cakes. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:58:54 am by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Re: Star Trek recipes
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 03:45:55 pm »
B'Elanna Torres's Banana pancake

Banana pancakes were a breakfast food from Earth and were one of B'Elanna Torres's favorite dishes as a child. They were, as the name suggests, a variety of pancake made with bananas. She remembered eating them with maple syrup, which her grandmother made for her, and how they always put a smile on her face. When she told Neelix about this, he replicated a stack, stating "Well then, one smile coming right up", but she barely touched them, due to her depression at the time. Later, after she was feeling better, she replicated herself a stack of the pancakes, this time with syrup.

Ingredients:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed

Directions:

Prep: 5 m
Cook: 10 m
Ready In: 15 m

Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »
So, did you just get the Star Trek cookbook?

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 06:10:26 pm »
Last update! Don't let it get cold !

Plomeek Soup - Star Trek: The Original Series

Replicate your own (serves 2 as a main course or 4 as a starter)

1 onion
2 garlic cloves
5 carrots
2 small-medium sweet potatoes, peeled
3 small-medium beetroots, peeled
3 sticks celery
1 litre vegetable stock
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil
Parsley for garnish (optional)

Start by peeling the beetroots and then the sweet potatoes. Wear a pair of gloves when peeling the beetroots if you don’t want to get pink hands! Then chop up all the vegetables, including the onion and garlic cloves, into chunks. Don’t worry about making them too exact as they will all get blended at the end.
Start by sauteeing the garlic and onion in vegetable oil until soft. Then add the rest of the vegetables and cook for a few minutes. Add 750ml of the stock, reserving the rest. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until all vegetables are quite soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Ladle portions of the vegetables and stock into a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you could use a hand blender if you have one. When all the soup is blended, check the flavour and add salt and pepper to taste. At this point, check the soup’s thickness - if too thick, add the remaining vegetable stock as needed.
Serve and garnish with parsley if desired - although I’m sure the Vulcans would consider this highly illogical.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 08:00:35 pm »
B'Elanna's troubles would have been solved if she had substituted chocolate chips for the bananas, something I will do tomorrow morning

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Re: Star Trek cookbook
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 10:04:43 am »
Rokeg Blood Tart a la Neelix

“Blood pie is a staple among the Klingons… I learned to make the dish from the Starfleet logs and prepared my own creation specially for B’Elanna.”

You will need 8 oz of cherry pie filling which turns out to be around 1 cup.

You were supposed to add a pound of cranberries to a food processor but I just used what I had left in the freezer since they are hard to find this time of year. Make sure they are defrosted.

You want them all nicely broken up.

Put the pie filling, cranberries, 1 cup of cranberry juice, 1/2 cup red grape juice and 1/2 cup sugar into a medium sauce pan.

Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and then let simmer for 15 minutes.

Divide into pastry shells. Apply an egg wash to the rim and cover with another shell. Pinch together. Pierce the top with a fork and baked in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes or until the crust turns golden.

“Serve red, runny, and piping hot.”