Topic: Successful multiplayer mission on Dynaverse!  (Read 2701 times)

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
Successful multiplayer mission on Dynaverse!
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:33:43 pm »
Frey recently gave me access to some server assets on thor.xenocorp.net. I was able to make some tweaks that allowed d4v1ks and I to be drafted into a patrol mission. We destroyed an Orion scout and were rewarded with prestige points!

Perhaps the hex-to-hex movement can be quickened and the drafting delays can be shortened as more assets are tweaked.

We used Orion Pirates 2.562 to connect. Try it out.

..\MetaAssets\ServerProfiles\Multiplayer\WONServerSetup.gf

Code: [Select]
[WONDirectoryServer/Addresses]
0 = "thor.xenocorp.net:15101"

Disabling your firewall is helpful.

Thank you, Frey!

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Re: Successful multiplayer mission on Dynaverse!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 09:49:24 pm »
The 2652 client and server working as expected...

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:05:36 pm by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 11:38:57 pm »
Lol at your hex grid, Carlos.

Yeah, I don't worry about firewalls. The risk is minimal if all I'm doing is playing Starfleet Command. Never got a virus from Dynaverse, and I never will. We are insignificant to hackers. I don't open mysterious email attachments or download pirated software. That's my anti-malware strategy.

But you'll make your own security choices, and you might think I'm crazy. That's ok.

Offline ObsidianShiar

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 03:44:40 pm »
 :rwoot:

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 06:52:39 pm »
If you created a 2562 OP Server and tried to login, but you got stuck in the screen below, there's some things you can do to solve it...

1) If the message "A firewall has been detected" appears, probably is because you didn't redirected in your router the ports needed for the game to work.
My router, for example, is located at the address 192.168.0.1. So i had to access it and redirect the doors 2300-2400 and 47624 (udp and tcp) as you can see it below...

2) The firewall can be blocking your game!
There's many ways to add rules or exceptions to your firewall. But, the easiest way i found is just by starting the game and follow the steps bellow...
If you don't know how to do it, just google for some "how to forwarding ports" video tutorials, and watch it.

Windows will then ask you if you wish to open some firewall ports. Just check the 2 boxes and click "Allow" everytime something popups.
Don't forget to restart the game for the changes to take effect.

3) Windows, games, all are made by humans. So they are not perfect! Sometimes, restarting your game, or the PC itself, will solve many problems.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 06:53:04 am by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 02:17:58 pm »
Looks like a routine server and directory server reset were the reason d4v1ks and I could do a mission! Within minutes, the server develops terrible slowness and the directory server ignores requests. The Windows XP SP3 compatibility tweak was coincidental. The Dynaverse is unplayable for me in this state.

We need a non-virtual machine to host a DynaverseII server. And we should bypass the middleman directory servers, if possible, for efficiency's sake.