Topic: Initial idea for a SFC Launcher  (Read 4308 times)

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Initial idea for a SFC Launcher
« on: June 28, 2016, 10:01:57 pm »
Edit:

This project merged into a new initiative:
Please check:

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163396588.msg1123054550.html#msg1123054550

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Tar are working on a launcher for SFC.
It is meant to replace EZini.

The idea behind it, is that the launcher will detect your current desktop resolution and adjust the game and sprites accordingly.
It will work like a maximize function.
With this tool there is no need to use the q3_editor to set any custom resolution, and the game will always adapt itself to your current desktop resolution independetly of its size, making sure it will never crash.

At same time, the lowres entry on sfc.ini will work as intended. but 2 new entries will be added.
Those are meant to be used by the launcher, but can be set manually too, if you still wish to use the q3_editor for that matter (customWidth and customHeight). If you only pretend to use the standart lowres value then those new entries will need to be removed.

With this new settings on sfc.ini + launcher, the CRC is ensured to be equal for everyone using the same game version, providing a fair multiplayer enviroment, and compatibility for anyone running a campaign.

This launcher will be compatible with EAW and OP on its first release.
It is a gift for you all.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:00:20 am by d4v1ks »
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline EschelonOfJudgemnt

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: SFC Launcher
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:52 am »
d4v1ks, I love how you say that you are getting busy and won't have as much time to work on SFC, and then find some time to help give us even more toys to play with!  (and I mean this in a very friendly/welcoming way).  ;)  Also, Tar, thanks for plugging away at this new widget, alongside d4v1ks!  Much appreciated both of you for your continued efforts.

Keep up the good work!  SFC development has advanced significantly in the last couple of years, thanks in part to your efforts, as well as a number of others.

To everyone that has been burning the midnight oil to make this game better, thanks very much!!!

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 01:36:45 pm »
Thank you!!!!!!!

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 12:59:04 pm »
Awesome, many thanks!

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 08:29:56 pm »
This is awesome!

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 08:42:26 am »
Carlos, I know this is probably wishful thinking, but with the improved resolutions, the ingame fonts are getting hard for my aging eyes to read.
Is there any way to enlarge fonts of ingame texts (targetting reticle ranges/scripted texts)?