Topic: Need help can SFC3 models be converted to SFC2  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Ervinc

• Lt. Junior Grade
Need help can SFC3 models be converted to SFC2
« on: July 02, 2016, 08:51:13 am »
I know I have seen it posted before but can't finded it.can anybody tell me how to convert the models from SFC3 so they will work in SFC2 OP and show up with the textures that came with the model

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: Need help can SFC3 models be converted to SFC2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 10:54:14 am »
Do you have access to a model editing program?
The only way I knew was to import the model remove all the SFC 3 stuff from it. Find a comparable class ship for the race and import the HP and DP, add lods if you have them and export the file.

This is a simplistic look at how to do it but it is the general order of operations.
SFC 1 ships can be used in SFC 2 and OP, they will not have light maps that work though.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 04:56:24 am »
My memory is a bit foggy now, but so far as I can recall, the only major difference is the sequence of the weapons hardpoints - SFC1-2 used the lower numbers (HP1-Hp11) for torps and higher numbers (HP12+) for beams; SFC3 was the other way around so weapon effects end up coming from the wrong places on the model.  The extra SFC3 information like glows was just ignored by SFC2 because the program doesn't know to look for them.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 05:09:28 am by MajorRacal »

Offline Ervinc

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2016, 01:38:04 pm »
Thanks guys for all the help was just trying to get textures to show up in SFC 2 op that came with model s not really good at texturing yet but I'm working on it thanks again

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 11:58:37 pm »
Models from SFC 3 should be compatible by default, your weapons will just fire from the wrong spots. If the model is working but the textures aren't showing it's probably the image file type.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."