Topic: Thu11s TMP Gorn Fleet in SFC(1)?  (Read 2793 times)

Offline StClair

• Ensign
Thu11s TMP Gorn Fleet in SFC(1)?
« on: July 04, 2016, 05:08:37 pm »
Hello, everyone.  First post (here; I used to be semi-active on the old Taldren forums, but I'm certain no one would remember me) and, predictably, I have a favor to ask.  :-[

While I still have all my old CDs, I recently picked up SFC (again) via GOG and was inspired, among other things, to give the Gorn campaign another go.  Alas, I've never been a fan of Taldren's Gorn designs.  Fortunately, back in the day, I downloaded Thu11s' excellent Gorn ships, which start from the classic SFB/TOS-era designs and bring them into the TMP era, using Taldren textures and some of his own.  Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, he only ever made them for use with SFC2 and OP.

I've looked into what it would take to convert them myself, and while there are many fine tutorials out there which are simple enough even for the likes of me, they all require programs and tools which I, as a non-modeler, don't have.  And acquiring, installing and/or registering Milkshape, gmax, plugins et al in 2016 seems like a rather arcane task in itself.  I'll do it, if it comes to that... but I'm really hoping that someone out there, who already has the necessary software on their machine, would be willing to do it for me (and/or the rest of the community).  Or, if someone out there already has done it, please tell me.

I've already checked the Permissions post and confirmed that all that is required for modifying/remaking Thu11s' work is credit.  (Also confirmed in a 2007 post by the man himself... almost 10 years ago, dang.  :-\ )   I've also done some forum searching, with no luck, but maybe I wasn't looking in the right place.  I had high hopes that d4v1ks' new Materials Editor for SFC would be able to handle this with a simple, stand-alone tool, but either it can't or I'm not using it properly.

Anyway, here's the link to the whole fleet, in one zip, on my Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0rmU0UrIINIcVJteFNzSmFxT1k
(you can grab the whole file at once by clicking the download link on the top bar)

Thank you for your time.

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Thu11s TMP Gorn Fleet in SFC(1)?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 07:38:50 pm »
I wish I could help.
Regardless thanks for making these models available again for me to put into my OP! I had forgotten they exist!

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 11:24:39 pm »
 I could do it, might take a week+ though.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline StClair

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 03:56:59 am »
I'm in no hurry.  Thank you very much!

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 04:48:48 am »
Finished them last night, also found a starbase that was part of the set. PM me your email and I can send them after work.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline StClair

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 05:16:03 pm »
Just a quick update for the thread:
I've gotten the conversions from Vipre, they look great, and (with his kind permission) I'm working on making them available to everyone.