Topic: Weapons Arcs  (Read 4607 times)

Offline jayvt3

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
Weapons Arcs
« on: August 26, 2016, 08:14:58 am »
could someone point me in the right direction to find a good quality diagram for the weapons arcs for SFC, SFC-EAW and SFC-OP?  all my searches keep turning up SFC3 diagrams and those use a whole different labeling.

thanks all.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: Weapons Arcs
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 12:42:31 am »
could someone point me in the right direction to find a good quality diagram for the weapons arcs for SFC, SFC-EAW and SFC-OP?  all my searches keep turning up SFC3 diagrams and those use a whole different labeling.

thanks all.

Here it is what the game was based on but you can figure it out from this
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:01:37 am »
It's just the primary and heavy weapon hardpointing numbers that are inverted by the time we get to SFC3, the firing arcs are identified in the same way in all versions of the game, so the SFC3 diagrams should work for you.  Although, I think the narrowest forward firing arcs might be an exception.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 07:03:04 pm »
If you just need a reference get shipedit and look at the weapons arc tab. Every single arc is charted and labeled.

Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 01:23:02 am »
Thanks Vipre,
I had completely forgotten about that being in there
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline jayvt3

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 12:43:18 am »
thanks for that.  I got 3 versions of that editor but neither one will work for SFCOP

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 01:08:31 am »
thanks for that.  I got 3 versions of that editor but neither one will work for SFCOP

Really?
I use to use it to edit OP, EAW, and Gold edition all the time. Sure you were editing the right one? or was it they both had to match for the single player game to see it. If I remember right it did not work if you started a campaign then made changes, but it would always work in scrimmage mode (you vs AI). Been a long time since I played with this stuff

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 12:17:10 pm »
agreed, I've used shipedit with OP atons of time. Were any changes you made not showing up? 'Cause you have to replace the shipedit in assets and in metaassets

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 07:27:50 pm »
Been a long time since I tinkered with it, but I thought all Shipedit did was edit the shiplist ini or whatever. Basically a glorified text editor. My memory sucks though.

http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads.php?id=28&game=SFC2%20OP#download

Try the one from the OP downloads section. I've never had an issue with it.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 03:12:15 pm »
Shipedit is a program that will allow you to use a GUI to edit ships as they appear in the shiplist (or fighters too in the ftrlist) in "Specs" in "Assets." It can be used to modify existing ships and/or create new one and/or delete ships. All of this can also be accomplished by modifying shiplist/ftrlist in Excel, but Shipedit is better organized into an interface than just viewing a spreadsheet. The 39902 version will work with OP.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 02:18:39 am »
Shipedit is a program that will allow you to use a GUI to edit ships as they appear in the shiplist (or fighters too in the ftrlist) in "Specs" in "Assets." It can be used to modify existing ships and/or create new one and/or delete ships. All of this can also be accomplished by modifying shiplist/ftrlist in Excel, but Shipedit is better organized into an interface than just viewing a spreadsheet. The 39902 version will work with OP.

It also adjusted the Basic point value of the ship if you made changes to it automatically, to keep the modified ships a little more balanced.

Was a very useful program

So what actually issues are you seeing jayvt3?