Topic: 3ds Max Plugins for Starfleet Command  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Dmarangos

• Ensign
3ds Max Plugins for Starfleet Command
« on: October 24, 2016, 06:12:28 pm »
Where can I find 3ds Max plugins for Starfleet Command  MOD files. I have 3ds Max 6.

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
Re: 3ds Max Plugins for Starfleet Command
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 03:50:50 pm »
Sadly they plugins won't work in Max 6, they were compatible with Max 3, 4 and 5.

If you can track it down the freeware Gmax is an option (I had a peek, it looks like you should still be able to get it through TurboSquid), and you could also try Milkshape.  I can't recall if there were any issues using Gmax, but I know Milkshape had some limitations, such as inability to set up dummies for hardpoints and damage points, and I think making break models was also difficult.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 04:08:02 pm by MajorRacal »

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: 3ds Max Plugins for Starfleet Command
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:42:16 pm »
Don't know about G Max, but Milk shape had limits in LODs, you could not use them or export if they were in the model. You could not make or import break models. The HP and DP were done under the spine settings I believe but yeah they are some limitations with milk shape
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.