Topic: Status Updates, and where we are going - 11082016  (Read 2869 times)

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Status Updates, and where we are going - 11082016
« on: November 08, 2016, 09:32:50 am »
Good morning Folks!

On this festive Election day, I wanted to post an update and give you all a heads up on some work I'm doing.

As many of you know, D.Net's store doesn't even come close to paying for the hosting costs to keep everything running here. That's not to say we don't appreciate the communities support, but this has always been a labor of love for me. It's about knowing that people are having an opportunity to engage in some fun stuff - play a game of Starfleet Command online with friends after so many years of this game being released says a lot.

A lot about us, a lot about this community, a lot about me.

Dynaverse.Net isn't going anywhere anytime soon, that much I can promise you. However, I do need to trim some expenses because I'm getting older and so is my wife. The "Funds drive" button hasn't been used in ages, we've not received any donations for years, and we average about 2-3 purchases a month on the store at an average income per transaction of 5 bucks and this isn't going to build a retirement for either of us. We've had our own personal challenges that I ensured didn't impact D.Net or our other services, and because of this I've gotten a damned good reputation as a web hosting provider.

So, in the effort to reduce our footprint, I'm consolidating and going 90 % virtual. I'm in the process of upgrading D.Net / XenoCorp's Exchange server to 2016, and that should be going on over this week, with my goal of being 100% on the new server by Friday. This weekend, I plan to then virtualize our database server. I've been working on some upgrades to the Datacenter here in my house, but will have to temporarily move the servers into another room to get the contraction done. We're purchasing some SSL certs finally to get everything else going proper, so I'm excited about the coming functionality.

So - expect some downtime, peeps. I'll do my best to post when I can, but if D.Net or other sites are not working for some reason, always feel free to visit us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DynaverseNet-153228018072175/ and see what's up. I almost always post there if there's something going on.

I want to thank all of you for the works you do - the very fact that we've still got activity and such awesome stuff going on is a testament to the works of the Original Taldren programmers. Dave, Ann (who I just heard from btw :D) all of them - thank you peeps!!!!

Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
Re: Status Updates, and where we are going - 11082016
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 12:34:03 am »
 Keep up the good frey!

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Re: Status Updates, and where we are going - 11082016
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 12:14:02 pm »
Ok, everyone! The mail server has been upgraded, so please let me know if you see any issues in the store, or notifications to topics, etc.

Regards,

Frey
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.