Topic: R.I.P. Gene Cernan  (Read 5615 times)

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
R.I.P. Gene Cernan
« on: January 16, 2017, 02:27:06 pm »
Euguene Cernan, the last man to walk on the moon, died Monday, Jan. 16, surrounded by his family.

-The D.Net Admin team
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
Re: R.I.P. Gene Cernan
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 07:52:09 pm »
2017 is going about the same as 2016. The Grim Reaper could take a vacation.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline jayvt3

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:17:16 am »
people look and make the mistake that the old astronaut's suits were filled with padding and that why the looked so big.  nope.  they looked big because they were men...no, they were Titans that walked the earth and upon those shoulders were laid the hopes, imaginations, aspirations of over 7 billion souls united to find out "what's over there"...

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 04:24:35 am »
"As I take man's last step from the surface, back home for some time to come – but we believe not too long into the future – I'd like to just (say) what I believe history will record. That America's challenge of today has forged man's destiny of tomorrow. And, as we leave the Moon at Taurus–Littrow, we leave as we came and, God willing, as we shall return, with peace and hope for all mankind. Godspeed the crew of Apollo 17."
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War