Topic: The Borg  (Read 3011 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
The Borg
« on: July 16, 2017, 09:18:37 am »
I was watching DS9 Season 3 episode 2 with the Founder and I was wondering if the Borg ever assimilate a founder and or a Jem'Hadar?

Since they are in the Gamma Quadrant, I was not sure if the Borg encounter them or not. How the would react with species 8472?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: The Borg
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:20:41 pm »
Do they ever assimilate non humanoids?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline jose

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 05:17:34 pm »
i believe the borg are the delta quadrant. the wormhole on ds9 goes to the gamma quadrant, which is why you don't see or hear much of them - if at all.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 08:13:32 am »
Yes, but in Voyager the Borg have "short cute" to anywhere in the Milky way, so did they ever send a cube or anything else in the Gamma Quadrant?

Also why the "short cute" they have in Voyager season 7 End game where not in Borg space?

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »
The Borg are in the Delta Quadrant, and the Gamma Quadrant is well outside of their realm of expansion.  Earth is too, although the much maligned Enterprise episode regeneration tried to explain why the Borg would attack earth while bypassing so many other inhabited worlds.