Topic: Gmail issues  (Read 2702 times)

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
Gmail issues
« on: August 29, 2017, 12:13:36 pm »
As many of you may have noticed, we've been having some issues with registrations, as well as Store notifications. Well, I've been hammering at Google for many months, and we're still getting this BS:

mXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com (mXXXXXXXX@gmail.com)
Your message wasn't delivered due to a permission or security issue. It may have been rejected by a moderator, the address may only accept email from certain senders, or another restriction may be preventing delivery.

mx.google.com gave this error:
 [2002:47aa:cc38::47aa:cc38] Our system has detected that this message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR records and authentication. Please review https://support.google.com/mail/?p=IPv6AuthError for more information . x10si10146652oig.161 - gsmtp

Now, the problem here is we're not using IPV6. We don't have any IPV6 DNS zones configured, and I can't put a PTR record in a reverse DNS zone that doesn't exist. There's no reason for me to spin up another DNS server or add an IPV6 zone to our existing DNS servers if they are only going to be used to resolve this one issue.

I've put in *MANY* requests to google to remedy this, as we've never been blacklisted or otherwise sent SPAM or unsolicitated emails, so now I'm reaching out to YOU!

If you use google mail, please contact them and request them to whitelist mail.xenocorp.net / 71.170.204.56.

I'll post in this thread if the IP ever changes.

Thanks in advance, and F@$K you Google!

Regards,
Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.