Topic: Picked up a new laptop.  (Read 10901 times)

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
Re: Picked up a new laptop.
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2017, 07:47:00 pm »
Working all day on a desktop touch screen with  your arms held out like that is just not close to ergonomic. 

Even on a laptop that is an ergonomic disaster.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 11:01:19 am »
Why didn't the MS ergonomics boys and girls see that?  They can design ergonomic keyboards but can't see that touch screens on desktops aren't the way to go?    Tablets and cell phones are held in more comfortable positions when you are touching the screen so they work out. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 08:55:31 am »
Why didn't the MS ergonomics boys and girls see that?  They can design ergonomic keyboards but can't see that touch screens on desktops aren't the way to go?    Tablets and cell phones are held in more comfortable positions when you are touching the screen so they work out. 

I think some MS executive(s) were enamored with them from too much sci-fi and pushed it through. One of the most dangerous things in the business world is an executive with an idea.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 04:10:48 pm »
Just copying some Youtube videos from the desktop to a tablet (android) and Windows gives me the option to copy them as is or convert them.  Seems helpful except the leave out the info on what they propose to convert them TO  :screwloose:.  Idiots.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 07:37:10 pm »
Just copying some Youtube videos from the desktop to a tablet (android) and Windows gives me the option to copy them as is or convert them.  Seems helpful except the leave out the info on what they propose to convert them TO  :screwloose:.  Idiots.

Yeah, I have seen that and always ignored it. Does anyone know what they are converted to?

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2017, 10:35:29 pm »

Steve Jobs predicted that PCs were on the way out, and that tablets were the future.  The designers of Windows 8 believed him, and focused on the tablet market.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:47:29 pm by knightstorm »

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2017, 09:06:02 am »
Seems Dilbert had inside info on Win 10 in 2010

Link

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2017, 02:43:28 pm »
Seems Dilbert had inside info on Win 10 in 2010

Link

My tablet is like that, I swear it needs to update only when I am using it and it is Android.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 06:45:09 pm »
My tablet is not for use as an internet device and it rarely has wifi active so I don't get so much of that. 

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 09:15:01 am »
My tablet sees most of its use in waiting rooms and a little surfing while at home but not at the PC.

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 07:33:26 pm »
Sign of the times.... I keep an old  Amazon Kindle in the bathroom, takes up less space. Guess it could even be emergency tp and not be missed.
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians