Topic: The Return of the Original Model Junkie  (Read 3451 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
The Return of the Original Model Junkie
« on: February 18, 2018, 12:53:10 pm »
LO and behold I am still alive, thought my health is a very real concern since I last posted, I am here. I look forward to reconnecting with many of you and seeing what models you all have made in the few years I have been away. STO has taken the steam out of our PC endeavors across the board. The games we worked so hard to enhance are gone. It doesn't mean we can't continue, in fact if we talk to Cryptic, who knows, perhaps some of our designs will wind up in STO.

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
Re: The Return of the Original Model Junkie
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 01:06:01 pm »
Long time, I hope you get better. We’ve enjoyed many of your models throughout the years.

The new stuff is located here.

http://hotandspicyforums.com/index.php

Stay tuned for the new planet mod, I’m working as fast as I can to get it out soon. The space pack is out, should be version 2. Version 3 will be worked on after I finish the planet mod.

Read some of the accomplishments from Carlos and Tim as well in the other forum. I believe it’s here to but you have to sift through some threads.

Hope you stick around.
;-)
Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien
DS9 : Tribunal

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 01:17:45 pm »
Thanks, here's the biggest issue, our model repository @ eve online is long gone.
My computer crash prior to my major health issues robbed me of all of my modeling/skinning/import/export programs and models.

Is there really anything left, considering STO is more advanced then any of the games we modded?

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 01:34:17 pm »
That depends on you, no matter what games come out or will come out I always play and mod SFC. It’s still my favorite. Is it worth it? Well again that’s up to you, I still mod it and with the new patches made by Carlos and Tim you can actually play on Win10. My res for the game is 1920x1200. With the new patches and the new space pack the game looks new and improved. But don’t expect a vast amount of people in our little group. It’s very very small group that remain. But I enjoy staying around.

Odo :    
"Being accused of a crime is not a disgrace, Chief. Some of the great figures of history have shared the honour with you."
to O'Brien

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 12:59:34 pm »
Looks magnificent CaptAdam.
And new ways keep being found to enhance the game and keep it going in Win 7/8/10/(12?)

We've all had drives fail and things get lost, but some here still maintain collections of things, if there's anything you're ever looking for, just ask. I have still have GBs of models and such lying around

A personal request of mine - please continue double-posting important topics/threads here and at hotandspicy so that everyone will see the developments

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 05:41:18 pm »
Still not a patch on my model of Uranus a few years ago......

I ought to create some new models but it's finding the inspiration for something original and new.

I'm considering Kzinti, Hydran, Romulan and Lyran commerce fleets, including barges and dust trawlers. It's about having a believable look and design ethos.

I've a few ideas in mind for both a Kzinti and Lyran free trader ships which will have a lower tech civilian warp drive look.
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Captain Adam

• Lt.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 07:25:50 pm »
Can’t wait to see what you come up with. New models are always welcome especially now since no ones around anymore making them. Low tech civilizations would be awesome. Thanks for your previous contributions and for the future ones.

Adam
Odo :    
to O'Brien

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 09:18:49 pm »
Lots of civilian and merchant starships are old tech, even in the TNG period. For instance Faro's freighter, in the TNG episode "The most toys", has a plot stated maximum velocity of Warp 3 (27c) so was still using TOS / TMP warp drive technology.

A pre-TOS Lyran fleet would be something to envisage. I run the stock SFC 1 Lyran fleet as TMP models, having the correct SFB TOS era ships represented in my version of the game.

Being able to stage early Kzinti / Lyran battles, maybe from before the time of the Kzinti Usurper, would be interesting.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!