Topic: New SFC 1 fans posting on U-Tube.  (Read 3175 times)

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
New SFC 1 fans posting on U-Tube.
« on: April 25, 2018, 05:11:57 pm »
For those not aware of it, Star Fleet Command 1 is now available for download on the GOG website, which is exposing the game to a whole new batch of recruits.

Some of these new fans post on U-Tube demonstrating how great the game is (when compared to Legacy, etc.) and video their progression (and tactics) on U-Tube for all to see.

Unfortunately these newbies are unaware that there is a large SFC comunity on Dynaverse or that mods, tools, technical advice and answers to PC issues can be found on Dynaverse.net.

I do my best to point them into the direction of Dynaverse.net so hopefully we'll add some more SFC game fans.

If any of you stumble across some new SFC video posting on U-Tube, do mention where th SFC comunity has it's home on Dynaverse.net
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
Re: New SFC 1 fans posting on U-Tube.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 05:50:25 pm »
Some of these new fans post on U-Tube demonstrating how great the game is (when compared to Legacy, etc.) and video their progression (and tactics) on U-Tube for all to see.

Do you have a link for anyone of those? I can't find anything on a search.
I'm curious to see if they are using my HD patch or know about it.
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 12:30:07 am »
For those not aware of it, Star Fleet Command 1 is now available for download on the GOG website, which is exposing the game to a whole new batch of recruits.

Unfortunately these newbies are unaware that there is a large SFC comunity on Dynaverse or that mods, tools, technical advice and answers to PC issues can be found on Dynaverse.net.

I do my best to point them into the direction of Dynaverse.net so hopefully we'll add some more SFC game fans.

If any of you stumble across some new SFC video posting on U-Tube, do mention where th SFC comunity has it's home on Dynaverse.net

I JUST got it iT does work gona try to add some models see what it does .

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 01:09:43 am »

Do you have a link for anyone of those? I can't find anything on a search.
I'm curious to see if they are using my HD patch or know about it.

whats the 1.03? the game on gog is using it if so.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 08:11:12 am »
SFC1 Gold Edition is also available on STEAM.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/364820/Star_Trek_Starfleet_Command_Gold_Edition/

SFC1 had the best music IMHO for the SFC series. I would love to have that music as the default music in OP.

We still haven't had the SFC1 campaigns and skirmishes converted...

The Repair Rendezvous Skirmish is awesome as was the fan made skirmish The Quantum Factor.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 01:05:28 pm »
The Repair Rendezvous scenario is described in Star Fleet Battles Volume 3. A lot of the scenarios in SFC 1 are taken directly from SFB V3.

Using FMSE, I've scripted in all the other SFB V3 scenarios and campaigns that weren't put into SFC 1.

The "Holding out for a Hero" scenario will require a Federation Ptolemy class tug which has been modelled by so many modellers.

The "Red Fur" campaign, whiich is a six parter and where the player plays as the Wynn, requires certain Wynn ships (including the W-AuxCR) and certain Kzinti ships for one campaign battle.

Converting SFB scenarios and campaigns into SFC isn't hard to do if one has sourced the correct additional missing races, ships and added them to the shiplist file.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!