Topic: Shuttle and escape pod  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Shuttle and escape pod
« on: June 02, 2018, 08:20:04 pm »
I was thinking about shuttle mostly in TOS and escape pod in tng and other series.

So if a voyage last a long time in a shuttle, there are no restroom in it (or simply no toilet) so how they do?

Now the same thing about the escape pod, Since they last there for many days, how the manage?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: Shuttle and escape pod
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 09:20:23 pm »
The unit could be retracted into the shuttle wall or floor.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 06:40:38 am »
You will find Donny V's Conjectural  Shuttle Toilet  on this page of his massive trek bbs Thread
its well thought out.

https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/donnys-tos-twok-enterprise-interiors.212119/page-147

When shane johnson did up Escape pods for Mr Scott's Guide to the Enterprise
he put facilites under one of the seats.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 08:13:36 am »
Just don’t forget to light a match when you’re done...  lol

Offline Brush Wolf

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 01:40:40 pm »
Remember the show aired in an era when a man & wife were never shown sleeping in the same bed. All in the Family not too many years later broke an old taboo by having the sound of the toilet flushing. TV is a very different animal now than it was then, sometimes for the better but too often for the worse.
I am alright, it is the world that is wrong.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 08:52:00 pm »
The Brady Bunch bathroom didn't have a toilet.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 01:16:11 pm »
Also, with the newer Treks, the toilets weren't something they were going to focus on just because it can get too juvenile.  As far as bathroom references go, the episode of DS9 with the Bajoran sail ships featured a scene with Jake Sisko commenting on the toilet which had been designed for zero g, I remember one episode of Voyager where power was rationed, the crew was mostly confined to the mess hall, and Neelix was asking Janeway about the logistics of having to share three toilets for the entire crew (something she hadn't considered.)  Finally one episode of Enterprise featured the crew doing a teleconference where they were answering questions that had been sent by school children and one of the children asked them what happened to the waste.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 03:45:13 pm »
You missed the DS9 episode where Quark has his own personal shuttle (which crashes at Roswell, New Mexico in 1948). Quark's stomach apparently disagrees with space travel on the Ferrengi shuttle causing him to suffer a dose of the "squits", as we call it in the UK. Nog remarks that Quark has spent most of the voyage in in the bodily waste reclamation facility.

It appears that bodily waste is converted to energy, via transporter technology, and used as an energy source. The question is, how much of the Ferrengi shuttle's voyage was additionally fuelled by Quark's queasy tummy??

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 02:31:23 pm »
The question is, how much of the Ferrengi shuttle's voyage was additionally fuelled by Quark's queasy tummy??

Or converted to edible biomatter.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.