Topic: What is everyone playing nowadays?  (Read 10787 times)

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
What is everyone playing nowadays?
« on: July 02, 2018, 10:49:43 am »
I'm looking to get games so I can play with old friends.

~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
Re: What is everyone playing nowadays?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 07:48:21 pm »
I'm messin' around with WOW.

Was on SWTOR …  might get hooked back up with that....  maybe!
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 09:58:47 pm »
I'm playing Hawken on PS4. It has automatic team balancing, so Starlance-style leagues are not practical. Be great to blow up mechs with old SFC teammates from Nexus Travelers, Night Roar County, and Gorn Sovereign Guard.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 11:46:32 am »
 :o

I have over 50+ games on STEAM and none of them are as good as SFC: Orion Pirates with Daviks' and Captain Adams' modifications.

We need some kind of online campaign on Game Ranger...
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 12:26:24 am »
:o

I have over 50+ games on STEAM and none of them are as good as SFC: Orion Pirates with Daviks' and Captain Adams' modifications.

We need some kind of online campaign on Game Ranger...

Hey KF long time no see! THE SFC2 GOLD PACK on steam don't work huh?

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 12:42:37 am »
I'm looking to get games so I can play with old friends.

I just downloaded sto  I didn't like it then will try again I guess. Theres not many choices, app crap has control! Legasy works other than that . I miss op . I wish Dnet could package a pc just to play and mod sfc series. All 4 games ready to go with a modeler and all stuff needed to play out of the box. Just a wish I guess.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 09:02:24 pm »

Hey KF long time no see! THE SFC2 GOLD PACK on steam don't work huh?

I haven't tried it yet.  I may have to get that SFC1 on STEAM just to play it. I expect to follow the community guide there to get it working IF I run into trouble.

Try this it is AMAZING:

https://hotandspicyforums.com/starfleet-command-orion-pirates-2500-2564-patch-t25292.html
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 08:36:09 am by Klingon Fanatic »
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 09:44:15 pm »
It’s what OP should have been...

Offline PoleronCrow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 01:18:07 am »
i wouldn't use the 2564 patch as it breaks 90% of the tools and  utilities the community has made over the years..Js

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 03:20:13 am »
Can you be a little more specific?  Like what and how are these tools and utilities are broken by the 2564 patch?  No way these issues can be fixed otherwise.  Thank you for your time.

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 09:26:59 pm »
i wouldn't use the 2564 patch as it breaks 90% of the tools and  utilities the community has made over the years..Js

With 2.654, I can edit the specs, sprites, mechanics, sounds, campaigns, and scripts. I can also play PvP Dynaverse with it. I don't know what has been broken besides Firesoul's dusty 4.0+ mod from ages ago. His 4.11+ mod has been configured to work with 2.564.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 01:15:33 am »
I've been playing hello kitty online! ::)

Offline PoleronCrow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 12:25:33 am »
the package that pestilance put together that includes everything for OP that the community has ever made does not work with the 2564 patch and even if you try to install the apps individually you hit the same problem with that patch...

http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Updates_Enhancements/OP_Enhancement_Package_v5.1.exe 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:56:17 am by PoleronCrow »

Offline PoleronCrow

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 01:02:09 am »
Currently playing Star Wars Galaxies https://swglegends.com/ all expansions are free and working and they add new content all the time..all ya need is the base game and then the legends installer.. pick up right were you left off in 2011...

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 09:46:19 am »
the package that pestilance put together that includes everything for OP that the community has ever made does not work with the 2564 patch and even if you try to install the apps individually you hit the same problem with that patch...

http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/Updates_Enhancements/OP_Enhancement_Package_v5.1.exe

I could say that the only thing OP_Enhancement_Package_v5.1 has, that feels unique, it is its collection of missions.
Once i installed in my game all the addons i found, and made a backup of the missions. Its about 361 missions overall. If you install the sfc2op 2564 patch + op411 package, you can install those missions, for example, and get the same experience, i guess. It is a matter of taste.
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 05:08:04 pm »
You get a superior experience. 2.552 with Pestalence's package does not enable widescreen resolutions nor does it enable multiplayer Dynaverse. The 2.552 version also has moronic point defense, with Ph3's and PhG's routinely fired at range 15 for an average damage of 0.16 per pulse assuming no ECM shift. The AI in 2.552 fires suicide overload Fusion Beams at ranges that cannot do any damage. This was fixed in 2.564 as well as other bugs, such as Mirak hit and run pause button.

The Mod Chooser in Pestalence's pack never worked in Windows 7, so that's no loss to me.

But if 2.552 is what a player prefers, it'll always be there. Nobody is required to play 2.564.