Topic: Im Back  (Read 7642 times)

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
Im Back
« on: July 26, 2018, 09:50:17 pm »
I don't know what the hell I'm going to do. Does anyone play sfc any more? ive herd steam can run the sfc2 gold pack on windows 10? that true?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:00:20 pm by TC Kreeargh »

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
Re: Im Back
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 02:18:02 am »
SFC:OP 2.564 runs well on Windows 10. Watch Tirak's videos on YouTube to see the HD screen resolutions and improved space backgrounds.

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 10:12:22 pm »
SFC:OP 2.564 runs well on Windows 10. Watch Tirak's videos on YouTube to see the HD screen resolutions and improved space backgrounds.
Where can I get a copy of op without getting ripped off ? 2 times I bought boxes with blank cds. 

Offline TarMinyatur

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 12:10:39 am »
Dynaverse.net sells OP as an .iso. I've purchased a couple copies. Just have to use MagicIso (free version) to  mount the .iso.

http://www.dynaverse.net/market/5-star-trek-starfleet-command-orion-pirates.html

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2018, 12:15:01 am »
I got the gold pack it seems to work 1 mission anyway. I'm going to play some more before I screw it up with my old models.

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2018, 12:19:26 am »
Dynaverse.net sells OP as an .iso. I've purchased a couple copies. Just have to use MagicIso (free version) to  mount the .iso.

http://www.dynaverse.net/market/5-star-trek-starfleet-command-orion-pirates.html

Damnit  well I do miss sfc1 hopefully its not a rip Off. Ill get op today I want that damn mauler ! hehe

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 07:34:10 pm »
market place wont let me buy it ? Frey I want my mauler back please fix .

Offline Ervinc

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 06:58:48 pm »
welcome back

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 05:49:19 pm »
welcome back
THANKS you were a big supporter in the old days lol Hopefully I can return that kindness one day!

I just got OP from dnet and it crashed about 2 min in the first mission I'm wonder if I need to patch it? ANY HOW  my first ship is a mock of Discovery universe ! I refuse to pay to watch startrek cbs can kizz my azz ! So I'm creating a ship cbs cant steal lol ! MOST of you wont like it , its got flair/ideas of my old tos altuniverse fed ships , will see soon I guess.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 06:01:29 pm »
 ;D Welcome back!
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 06:15:18 pm »
 my op is crashing seems to work then crashes when I fire. I wana play before I bother to mod ! grrrrrrrr   any ideas I patched it like old times no mods installed yet .

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 07:44:30 pm »
my op is crashing seems to work then crashes when I fire. I wana play before I bother to mod ! grrrrrrrr   any ideas I patched it like old times no mods installed yet .

1. Do a clean install and no patches.

2. Then install this:

https://hotandspicyforums.com/starfleet-command-orion-pirates-2500-2564-patch-t25292.html

This works great for Windows 10.
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 09:28:34 pm »

2. Then install this:

https://hotandspicyforums.com/starfleet-command-orion-pirates-2500-2564-patch-t25292.html

It still crashes   damnit i just waisted 5 more bucks! THIS GAME or God does not want me to play anymore I swear! I like sfc1 but no mauler and fighters plus the gridy pixel look. The nebula looks like mis packmans water burst!

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2018, 05:01:11 am »
Go to this thread.
Fourth post down there is a youtube video. Follow it EXPLICITLY(even using the directory structure of folder installation C:\Users\[Whatever the heck your user name is on your Win10 system]\Documents\My Games\Starfleet Command 2 Orion Pirates ). Even what boxes to tick post installation, including changing the Properties of StarfleetOP.exe, which is very important especially if you are running in windowed mode. And make sure you are shortcutting to the proper exe file (StarfleetOP.exe) to run the game, too.

Watch the video and do EXACTLY that.

Offline Tumulorum Fossor

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2018, 05:02:50 am »
Ooops. Forgot the link to my post above:
Youtube video fourth post down. Watch it, do it exactly, as well as post installation stuff. Make sure your antivirus didn't mess with properties of StarfleetOP.exe (as the video indicates you should look out for).

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 04:29:27 pm »

2. Then install this:

Try running as administrator. works for me.

It still crashes   damnit i just waisted 5 more bucks! THIS GAME or God does not want me to play anymore I swear! I like sfc1 but no mauler and fighters plus the gridy pixel look. The nebula looks like mis packmans water burst!
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 06:51:46 pm »
my problem I'm an idiot you all know that if you know me . I installed op did the original patch then after all the new patch stuff I got pissed and deleted the taldren folder now it wont uninstall . Looking though this sheet im already about to give up ! I wana kiill the poeple that says this windows 10 is more user friendly!   I have a old xp machine that has no net connect . The game works with 2525 patch so far sweet and salty time to mod lol. Next task get it to work on windows 10.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:09:31 pm by TC Kreeargh »

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 07:29:00 am »
If you have a working copy installed on a XP machine, then you may be able to copy/paste it to the Win10 machine.  I’ve done that before with OP 2.552 patch.  Not sure if that will work with Tar’s patch as I haven’t tried that yet.  Hope this helps.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 12:10:46 pm »
Meant to add to quote that my OP stopped crashing when I started running it as administrator.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 11:50:17 pm »
I'm going get it working in 10 one way or another ! I have  2 laptops win 10 and 2 towers 1 runs xp the other runs win 7  the xp machine runs perfect as expected thank you Frey and Crew  for getting us op again! 

Here my Discovery ERA model since its sheet i might as well create something that fits in the show!