Topic: Getting very frustrated...  (Read 4205 times)

Offline Sandman3Dv2

• Lt. Junior Grade
Getting very frustrated...
« on: August 20, 2018, 05:31:49 pm »
Okay, I remember being able to draw a circle for the saucer grids without all the stupid fill no fill stroke no stroke bs I'm finding in all the tutorials I;ve been looking at. I'm using ps 7...how do I do it or was I doing it in MS Paint then working from there? Texturing is driving me nuts...I was never great at it but I could at least do decent ones worthy of release...

Offline TC Kreeargh

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Getting very frustrated...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 09:19:15 pm »
Okay, I remember being able to draw a circle for the saucer grids without all the stupid fill no fill stroke no stroke bs I'm finding in all the tutorials I;ve been looking at. I'm using ps 7...how do I do it or was I doing it in MS Paint then working from there? Texturing is driving me nuts...I was never great at it but I could at least do decent ones worthy of release...

There is a a function built in photoshop  that makes a map curved  but I don't rembeer photoshop at all screwl wasn't kind LOL . All I have for now is ms paint until I find my paint shop pro cd I'm stuck bashing my old work .
Circulate  I think was the paint shop pro plugin.

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 07:00:47 am »
I don't know about curved maps or anything, but I always used the circle tool and holding down the Shift key as I did it to make perfect circles.

Offline Sandman3Dv2

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 04:38:01 pm »
Thanx guys, I remember doing it but dont remember how I did it...It really sucks ass, excuse my french lol.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 06:01:49 pm »
I always made them in illustrator then dropped them into PS using the radial tool.  ;)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 02:01:13 am »
There was a cicle transformation tool for PS you could maks all straight lines and it converted them for you

MuRa's Filter Meister - Pole Transform 2.1
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Tus-XC

• Capt
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 12:48:06 am »
I've uploaded three pictures.  The first one shows which tool to use (side bar).  The second, on the top bar, shows the settings to play with.  The first one produces a vector shape mask, that is automatically filled in.  The second produces at vector, no mask, and the third produces a shape, no vector.  The drop down (where the arrow points)gives you options, like symmetry and where the center should be.  The third one shows how to hide the fill.  I prefer to just 0 out the fill and then use an outline to setup the rest.  Once you do this to your first shape, it should remember your preference. 

All the shapes and circles you see were done with tha tool.  Hope that helps.
Rob

"Elige Sortem Tuam"

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 05:02:11 pm »
There was a cicle transformation tool for PS you could maks all straight lines and it converted them for you

MuRa's Filter Meister - Pole Transform 2.1

I used the same tool in Paint Shop Pro 7.. plugins worked in PSP that came from PS, more often than not...
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!