Topic: Star Trek Animated Comedy  (Read 3009 times)

Offline JarvisArgelius

• Lt. Junior Grade
Star Trek Animated Comedy
« on: October 27, 2018, 05:59:38 am »
<Phaser set to 'Grumble 1'>...

I love comedy.  I love Rick & Morty. Still, I'd love even more a straight up animated Star Trek series. The things they could accomplish without the weight of a traditional TV special effects budget. Okay, phaser off.

EW.com: Star Trek animated comedy series ordered from Rick and Morty writer.

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/25/star-trek-animated-comedy/

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
Re: Star Trek Animated Comedy
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 07:13:27 pm »
This might actually be good.  The problem with it is that under US copyright law, you don't need the copyright if you're just going to make a parody!  WTF is wrong with the people at CBS?
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2018, 02:26:57 pm »
So if  you parody the parody can you make a REAL Star Trek show?
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 12:20:32 am »
So if  you parody the parody can you make a REAL Star Trek show?

Where is an English major when you need one?
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 08:05:56 pm »
Busy asking if you would like fries with that.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline JarvisArgelius

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 03:00:42 pm »
This might actually be good.  The problem with it is that under US copyright law, you don't need the copyright if you're just going to make a parody!  WTF is wrong with the people at CBS?

I think it has a very good chance at success.  It's just that there have been so many Trek parodies already, but only one serious attempt at an animated series, and that was almost 45 years ago.  Very good, by the way, the Trek Animated Series.  The animation style is primitive, maybe tough to watch for some, but the scripts I would put up with any of the live action Treks.  I'd be first in line to get a remake of the TAS, updated with new animation, same voices, same script.  James Doohan = man of a dozen voices.