Topic: Back to the future  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
Back to the future
« on: July 03, 2019, 09:40:33 pm »
Well I re watch it in part and I was wondering something. In episode 2 Doc return to 1985 to get Marty after (I don't know how long) the Delorean was refit.

So my question is what did Doc do with the rest of the plutonium? How many just in time he did before the Delorean was fit with a Mr. Fusion?

Did Doc go to a garage and get the car transform into a hovercraft? No one find his stuff, the equipment in it weird?

Where did he get the Mr. Fusion in the first place?

The plutonium is required to produce 1.21Gigawatt of electricity to make the time jump possible, so how does the Mr. Fusion work to produce so much power?

Who will need that kind of power (beside maybe a city?) and its small to fit on a car.

Did he use the plutonium in the Mr. Fusion? Or did he safely discard it?

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Back to the future
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 10:33:49 pm »
All of the Plutonium was used in the first movie.  The remainder was used to send Doc into the future where the Delorean was refitted, never explains exactly where.  Mr. Fusion was comedy prop, you’re not going to find any real science behind that.  Mr. Fusion worked with any trash.

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 09:01:41 pm »
There are 12 in total, the firs one was use to send Einstein 1 minute into the future, the second one was use by Marty to go back into the past. The third one was use by doc at the end of the movie. So you have a total of 3 capsules use, you have 9 left.

So did Doc use the 9 left or did he get Mr. Fusion before he ran out?

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 12:04:36 am »
He wouldn't have needed to time travel before he got the Mr. Fusion so he probably just threw the plutonium away.  If you could produce fusion from trash in 2015, plutonium would be pretty much worthless.

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 10:05:49 pm »
A science fiction trope of sorts, but lets not worry about the details.  Plutonium? Mr. Fusion? How, when, where? Ever watch Pleasantville? As far as the characters are concerned the peripheral details don't exist if it isn't part of the storyline.  :D
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.