Topic: SFC 3 Invisible Warp Bug (Windows 10)  (Read 7442 times)

Offline jose_noodles

• Lt. Junior Grade
SFC 3 Invisible Warp Bug (Windows 10)
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:43:30 pm »
I am having this strange bug with Starfleet Command 3 where my ship turns invisible when it jumps to warp. I'm using Windows 10. I also have the HD Patch, the dgvoodoo and reshade patch, and SFC Launcher installed. I used to get the bug infrequently, but now I get all the time. I'm not sure if the latest Windows update or nvidia drivers update is to blame. Also, I seem unable to use the d3d8.dll from Jan_B's windows 10 patch. It causes an exception error. I feel this might be related to whatever is causing the warp bug.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: SFC 3 Invisible Warp Bug (Windows 10)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 08:12:20 am »
Since you are using the launcher program, try posting here:

https://hotandspicyforums.com/starfleet-command-f3/

Hope this helps.

Offline jose_noodles

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 12:40:59 pm »
Actually I stopped using the launcher and I tried using the recent version of dgvoodoo from the dgvoodoo site. The d3d8.dll that come with dgvoodoo does work great, but I get that warp invisible warp bug.The d3d8.dll used that come with Jan_B's fix used to work, but now it gives me a black screen and an exception error.

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 01:48:07 am »
This may have already been addressed...thinking I already responded to someone having same issue over at Hot&Spicy, may have been you.

Anyway -

Not sure Jan's Window patch works with enhanced HD patches.  Think it was intended for normal game install using what Taldren created with the All Language patch (sfc3patch1.01beta2buildv534b).  I would recommend reinstalling your game or make a new directory with your backup Sfc3 folder minus the HD patch you are using.  If you did not install the Taldren patch, you'll get the exception error.

The warp bug is unrelated to Jan's patch.  It's a Windows 10 rendering problem.  Best fix I have found is to run Razor Cortex and enable the explore.exe and let it run in the background to manage the game. It frees up a lot of processing/RAM and auto-fixes the annoying warp-bug problem. 

more on this here: https://hotandspicyforums.com/sfc-3-invisible-warp-bug-windows-10-t28114.html
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.