Topic: Access Server (independent hosting)  (Read 6632 times)

Offline USFTethys

• Ensign
Access Server (independent hosting)
« on: December 20, 2019, 08:34:54 pm »
Greetings from Bridge Commander Central, I am Tethys. I am the main driving force behind the gamespy replacement master server for Star Trek Bridge Commander, and I noticed that SFC3 also uses the Gamespy access server informations. 333Networks has been nice enough to fashion their master server code for Bridge Commander to continue server list communications between the hosts and clients. Since SFC3 uses the same set of rules to govern server list population in-game, I figured the least I could so is spread the love and get you guys the information needed to get SFC back to its former days of online glory. The hosting has been free, however they do operate on donations.

You will want to speak to a guy named Darkelarious who inhabits a discord server at the link below:

https://discordapp.com/channels/439774507952111616/439783918149959687

Thank you for looking, hopefully this information can help one of you restore the online access to this game \\//,
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 08:45:24 pm by USFTethys »

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Access Server (independent hosting)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 10:27:08 am »
Hey Tethys. Thanks for the post man. and of course Welcome to the board.

I'll check this out later.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2019, 11:09:20 am »
Not sure if this is relevant, but SFC3 DynaServer is currently up and running (base Taldren game) over at the Hot & Spicey SFC Forums: https://hotandspicyforums.com/hot-spicy-dynaverse-servers-t27494.html

Currently working on updating the base game using one of my mods (Typhon Pact) to run in place of the stock game.  With some luck, we hope to have it up sometime next year, assuming we can get it to work properly.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

Offline USFTethys

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2019, 11:36:32 am »
I was unaware the issue got resolved. What we did for Bridge Commander is not as in depth as what I now see was done for SFC series. Am I correct to assume that you now have an independent access server for SFC? 333Networks built their master server code and configured it for many different games such as Unreal Tournament. I contacted them and had to port sniff for Bridge Commander for them to successfully configure it into their master, but thats pretty much it, and with altering the master servers *.*.com:port address with relevant 333netowokrs master server addresses, we can now once again see and play on servers hosted within the game's server browser for all who have the updated master server address.

My apologies if I came to conclusions in error.

Offline AlDaja

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • SFC:III Troubleshooter
    • Starfleet Command Forums
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 12:47:20 pm »
I was unaware the issue got resolved. What we did for Bridge Commander is not as in depth as what I now see was done for SFC series. Am I correct to assume that you now have an independent access server for SFC? 333Networks built their master server code and configured it for many different games such as Unreal Tournament. I contacted them and had to port sniff for Bridge Commander for them to successfully configure it into their master, but thats pretty much it, and with altering the master servers *.*.com:port address with relevant 333netowokrs master server addresses, we can now once again see and play on servers hosted within the game's server browser for all who have the updated master server address.

My apologies if I came to conclusions in error.

I'm not sure what the folks over at H&S did, but you can address it directly with them.  My participation is from the modding side and I only discovered that it was up and running this past summer.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

Offline [UFP]Picard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 12:04:06 pm »
Hello everyone,

I represent a small group of old gamers with roots at www.fedcommand.org and www.startrek.st/forums - we're looking to put our weight behind an initiative that would allow us to EASILY play the old titles. (BC, Armada, and SFC series). We were thinking of using a GSA-like platform that would launch games into LAN mode (a bit like tunngle or Hamachi). But reading this topic, there seems to be other ideas/initiatives out there.

What do you all think?

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 06:26:06 pm »
A couple of people already came up with a solution for online play for SFC.  You can check it out here:

https://hotandspicyforums.com/starfleet-command-f3/

We have a working Dynaverse up and running now.  Feel free to check it out.  I don’t see why a similar option wouldn’t work for the other games that you listed.

Offline [UFP]Picard

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 08:09:50 am »
Thank you for the quick reply. We're looking to hire a programmer (on a limited budget of course) maybe the person who created the project (DKV1KS) could expand it to other Star Trek titles. That would be great, I'll try to get in touch with him.

P.s. the spam prevention on this forum is just overkill. Someone please just install CAPTCHA.