Topic: Spiritual Successor to SFC  (Read 6106 times)

Offline RubenTipparach

• Ensign
Spiritual Successor to SFC
« on: March 04, 2020, 03:30:14 pm »
I've been working on a thing in Unity. I don't have a name for it and it barely functions with very bare bones systems, minimum art.

I wanted to get everyone's input on what a modern SFC like game would play like?

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Spiritual Successor to SFC
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 06:11:46 pm »
While part of me is concerned that you copied so many elements of SFC that you could get sued if you tried to sell it.  That looks really cool at the same time.  There’s a group of us working on updating SFC, you can find us here:

https://hotandspicyforums.com/starfleet-command-f3/

I think we’d love to see some of your ideas.

Offline RubenTipparach

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 07:10:43 pm »
That's always been something on my mind   ;D I wanted to get the gameplay right before rearranging too many things around in the UI. My focus will be on managing utility ships such as troop carriers, tow-ships, cargo, and sensors/science ships. I'll probably end up disabling the majority of UI controls and delegating that out to other specialized ships that can take full advantage of their abilities.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 09:34:06 pm »
If you’re not going to sell it and you use generic ships you should be okay if you are not selling it.  Otherwise yeah you’d have to rearrange the UI quite a bit.  Please stop by the place I listed, I think they’d be interested in what you are working on.

Offline RubenTipparach

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 10:30:59 pm »

Offline Commander_Graham

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 07:44:39 pm »
I have also been working on an SFC spiritual successor myself if you ever wanted to collab.

https://www.artstation.com/commander_graham Is where i post some of my model screenshots.

Havent released any models yet like my K'teremny, D10, Romulan Hayabusa Class light cruiser that I Posted about on hotnspicy a few months ago.

just to show you what I can do.