Topic: Help with installation of SFC I (yes, ONE, 1) after too many years!  (Read 8857 times)

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
Re: Help with installation of SFC I (yes, ONE, 1) after too many years!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 12:34:50 am »
Wow!
Sounds pretty good- keep us appraised of your results.  I'd love to see/have your models!

21 only??  I think I have a sales record somewhere that says I bought the fancy boxed version of SFC1 back in '94!

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
Re: Help with installation of SFC I (yes, ONE, 1) after too many years!
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2020, 10:35:22 am »
The Frax were an ADB experiment to see what ships designed with wet naval vessel firing arcs would operate like in SFB. Basically lots of phaser firepower in FX arcs and reasonable in the AX arcs, poor turning circles, etc. Other weapons are Disrupters and Drones. The weapons to power source ratio is higher than usual. Shields are good. Their ships have no Lab boxes, being purely warships.

The Frax have no culture, home world, empire, etc. because they're meant to be an experimental test ship design concept.

Frax comes from the firing arcs FX & RX weapons firing arcs.

The ship selection consists of:

DN Dreadnaught
CA Heavy Cruiser
CW War Cruiser
CWV War Carrier
DW War Destroyer
DWD Mine Sweeper (War Destroyer Variant)
FF Fleet Frigate.

The SSDs suggests a tubular or boat shaped hull with a curved pointed bow with hull mounted warp nacelles, so not much in the way of difficult 3D modelling involved. I'll create these using the M6 V2 3D modelling tool (which is dedicated to the SFC 1 & SFC 2 games).

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!