Topic: Merry Christmas all  (Read 2133 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Merry Christmas all
« on: December 25, 2020, 12:38:39 am »
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
Re: Merry Christmas all
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2020, 02:08:16 am »
Merry Christmas everyone!

Offline d4v1ks

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2020, 04:36:27 pm »
Merry Christmas.

Nemesis, that upside tree almost made me feel like Elon Musk, looking at one of his rocket crashes..  :D
"But he isn't wearing anything at all!" (The Emperor's New Clothes)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 06:32:17 pm »
I just felt it appropriate considering the current situation.

Considering all the things SpaceX has done, Musk has a lot to be proud of.  The things he is trying to accomplish with Starship breaks new ground.  He is the one actually driving the space industry into being what we expected it to become by the late 80s.  Falcon 9 boosters are now being used up to 7 times and LANDED so maybe by February some of them will have an 8th flight.  How many other boosters that deliver cargo to orbit even successfully land let alone get reused? 

Now how about Starlink being poised to bring high speed low latency internet to the hinterlands no one else wants to serve that way?  Other companies talked of satelite constellations Musk not only made it possible but is building one.  If the first THOUSAND satellites aren't yet in orbit they will be soon. 

Starship SN8 crashed on Dec 9.  SN9 is already set up on the launch pad and SN10 through SN17 are under construction.  Will more crash?  Quite likely but this is a courageous development plan that no one else has dared to try.  If it works he will have a fully reusable Space SHIP capable of interplanetary voyages while at best everyone else is working on capsules and at most partially reusable lunar landers. 

Not to mention Tesla making Electric Cars a viable market - at the same time as building SpaceX.   

So a very Merry Christmas to the SpaceX staff and Elon Musk.  Thanks to Musk for not just making himself a billionaire but being willing to risk losing it all to bring us the future that we have waited for decades past the promised time with no hope till he took up the dream.  Gates had the money but not the dream.  His dream was just the money.  Bezos claims the dream but look at the accomplishments of his Blue Origin (founded before SpaceX) with his much higher wealth to fund it.  Musk rightly says who?  when people try to compare them as competitors.

I think that if JFK were still around he would be saying very well done Mr Musk for taking up the dream. 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 06:59:27 pm »
I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and I pray everyone has a very blessed New Years!

Have fun - stay safe!   :)