Topic: M6 V2 SFC modelling tool.  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
M6 V2 SFC modelling tool.
« on: February 18, 2021, 12:28:45 pm »
We need more model makers for the SFC games, so I'm posting this modelling tool, that I picked up over a decade ago, from a long defunct website.

This is why I've decided to post this up!!

This is the complete M6 V2 full SFC modelling tool that I've been using to create all of my models since 2010. It is very powerful, once you have the hang of it.

It can convert SFC 1 models to SFC 2 (and vice versa), using the piggyback / substitution technique.
It can embed hardpoints, even on somebody else's models that lack them.
It can create new polys from scratch.
It can attach textures, even to specified polys.
It can stretch, twist, grow, shrink, copy and delete & move selected polys.
It can dissect a model into component parts to create shipyard store of common & basic parts.

Print out, staple together & read the manual before having a go. Try experimenting with the existing stock game ships.

A few of easy starter projects for beginners, using the stock game ships.

Using the Miranda Class Heavy Frigate model:

Remove the roll bar & phaser pylons to create the Sloop, USS Lantree (TNG Contagion).
Remove the roll bar and shorten the hull rear to create a Knox Class Frigate. (USS Knox NCC-1940).
Add a 3rd central underside nacelle to create a Commanche Class Attack Frigate. (USS Commanche NCC-3900).

Use MS Paint to change the name and registry numbers.

Use Ship Edit to add the new ship's attributes into the shiplist file.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 11:01:31 am by Panzergranate »
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
Re: M6 V2 SFC modelling tool.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 09:44:25 am »
To convert an SFC 2 model into an SFC 1, using M6 V2, do the following:

(1) Load The SFC 2 model.

(2) Select all Polys and Copy.

(3) Load any appropriate sized SFC 1 model.

(4) Select all Polys, then deselect one. (This is important!!).

(5) Delete all Polys. (The lone unselected Poly will remain).

(6) Paste in previous copied SFC 2 model (it is now an SFC 1 model, retaining all hardpoints. Textures will be for deleted SFC 1 host model though).

(7) Move pasted in model into position using the CTRL Vertex highlighter function to align.

(8) Delete the last remaining Poly of the host SFC 1 model.

(10) Select all Polys and click "Normalise" (synchronises the light & shadow direction). Select all Polys and click "Normalise Vertices" (locks all vertices).

(11) Save under new model name.

(12) Re-label SFC 2 model textures to match filenames of deleted host SFC 1 model to correct textures.

To convert an SFC 1 model to SFC 2 is a similar procedure except the host model will need to be an SFC 2 model.

It will also load SFC 3 models, conversion between models, from all versions of SFC, are possible.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:14:57 pm by Panzergranate »
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!