Topic: FreeDOS 1.3 released  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
FreeDOS 1.3 released
« on: February 24, 2022, 11:52:53 am »
FreeDOS 1.3
2022-02-20 2:13pm

The new FreeDOS 1.3 is now available for download! This contains a bunch of great new features and improvements since the 1.2 release, including: new FreeCOM 0.85a, new Kernel 2043 and an 8086 version with FAT32 support, floppy Edition now uses compression and requires about half as many diskettes, the return of networking, some new programs and games, many many many package updates, some updates and improvements to NLS, improved install process, especially with the MBR, some support to automatically set the COUNTRY.SYS information, improved CD initialization for the boot media and installed system, .. and much, much more! Download FreeDOS 1.3

Check the Readme for more details. You'll need 20MB to install a "Plain DOS system," or about 275MB for a "Full installation including applications and games." You can find other optional packages on the BonusCD. For a list of everything included in FreeDOS 1.3, including what's installed and what's available to install, read the release report file.

I'm very excited for FreeDOS 1.3 - THANKS TO EVERYONE for your help in making this new release! The new FreeDOS 1.3 reflects all the hard work of everyone who wrote code, translated messages, edited documentation, tested new versions, offered support, and all the other things that go into a new version. I can't thank everyone here, but I can try to list a few names: Jerome, Tom, Ralf, Eric, Aitor, WIlli, thraex, Alain, Anton, Arkady, Bernd, Jack, Ercan, Imre, Igor, James, Joe, Laaca, Mark, Mateusz, Gregory, Nagy, RayeR, Rugxulo, Shane, Mercury, Uwe, Gregory, .. and everyone! THANK YOU!

LINK

For anyone after OS/2 Warp 4
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
Re: FreeDOS 1.3 released
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 09:22:04 pm »
Is this like a DOS box or a separate OS?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: FreeDOS 1.3 released
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 09:36:15 pm »
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."