Topic: sfc2  (Read 4410 times)

deryck

sfc2
« on: March 22, 2003, 09:48:55 am »
does anyone know how to get aroung the authentication of the cd key at opening screen? i just purchased game and the cd key on case i guess is wrong. i keep getting a message telling me so. please help!!!  

MarcusZin

Re: sfc2
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 09:58:36 am »
You need a legitimate CD key to play the game.  A while back I would have gone to Interplay for assistance but given their current situation you may want to bring the game back to the store where you purchased it.  Explain the situation, they probably even have a computer you can prove the problem with.  You'll either get another copy or a refund.  Hope it works out!
And before you do all that make sure that you didn't mistake the letter "O" with the number "0" and that the letters are in their proper case size.  

Strafer

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 11:05:55 am »
EAW CD keys are 20 characters
OP CD keys are 16.

A manufacturing ###up resulted in some keys going on the wrong jewelcases. Interplay knows, and contacting them or checking in the box for an exchange would be (no pun intended) the key.

Lepton1

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 01:11:14 pm »
Quote:

does anyone know how to get aroung the authentication of the cd key at opening screen? i just purchased game and the cd key on case i guess is wrong. i keep getting a message telling me so. please help!!!  

I had this same issue.  You probably have an SFC:OP key on it rather than a SFC:EAW key.  All you have to do is go to interplay.com, go to support and send them a message under CD key issues I believe.  Explain the situation, include your key in the message and they will send you a new one.  This worked for me.

deryck

sfc2
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 09:48:55 am »

MarcusZin

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 09:58:36 am »
You need a legitimate CD key to play the game.  A while back I would have gone to Interplay for assistance but given their current situation you may want to bring the game back to the store where you purchased it.  Explain the situation, they probably even have a computer you can prove the problem with.  You'll either get another copy or a refund.  Hope it works out!
And before you do all that make sure that you didn't mistake the letter "O" with the number "0" and that the letters are in their proper case size.  

Strafer

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2003, 11:05:55 am »
EAW CD keys are 20 characters
OP CD keys are 16.

A manufacturing ###up resulted in some keys going on the wrong jewelcases. Interplay knows, and contacting them or checking in the box for an exchange would be (no pun intended) the key.

Lepton1

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2003, 01:11:14 pm »
Quote:

I had this same issue.  You probably have an SFC:OP key on it rather than a SFC:EAW key.  All you have to do is go to interplay.com, go to support and send them a message under CD key issues I believe.  Explain the situation, include your key in the message and they will send you a new one.  This worked for me.