Topic: Captain and Ships names!!!  (Read 2903 times)

**Smiley**

Captain and Ships names!!!
« on: March 23, 2003, 03:03:40 pm »
I made 3 more races and want to make the names of officers and ship to work on map, first I try to add new names for the officers, and ship so when you play on you can see them on the map, I manage to do my Cardassian ships name only, well they were already in the file, then try to add them new officers but didn't work, they all call GF.Drones are so. What do I need to do to make them work. I try to add them in the OfficerNames.gf but didn't work and for the shipnames I add names for the Species8472 and work great but the Pirate use species8472 ships names, what did I do wrong anyone can help me on this issue. Thx  

The_Pelican

Re: Captain and Ships names!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 03:19:05 pm »
All AI captain names are gained from the AI file, and ship names from the ShipNames.gf file.

Species8472 pops up an awful lot, my solution, replace the AI names of Species8472 with something else. Works fine for me now.

**Smiley**

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 04:12:53 pm »
Quote:

All AI captain names are gained from the AI file, and ship names from the ShipNames.gf file.

Species8472 pops up an awful lot, my solution, replace the AI names of Species8472 with something else. Works fine for me now.  

Witch AI file your talking about, I change the species8472 names to others and they work fine like I said above, but it's the Pirate names that do not work even if I add new ones and worse the Cardassain captain as the same names well almost GulF.Drones, GulT.Drones ect...  so when you travel on map all cardassian ship as that  , all species as the same Captain second name as well, like Diz.Species 8472, Taz. Species 8472 ect...and Pirate as well, Rat. Rakellian, Ron.Rakellian etc... we try to add names for them but didn't work, so if you can tell us what exactly we need to do we will appreciated. The only AI file I found is in the MetaAssets folder is it the one you talking about, my guess is not since there's no officers name on that.

Thx  

Teeth_03

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 06:48:37 pm »
The AI file is in the SFC3/metaassets/singleplayer folder.  

**Smiley**

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 12:34:24 am »
Guys, I know where the file is but "THERE"S NO QUERY FOR THE CAPTAIN NAMES" the file is to set the amount of officers in campaign and so, nothing there about captain names. You got the file OfficerNames.gf in the commonSettings folder that you can alter for officers, then 1 more file that add officer names in it as well Shipnames.txt in the String folder. The Shipname.txt as Weapon, Engeneer, Science Officers ect... it look like to me that it's the officers that you can trade in the game. The OfficerNames.gf however look like the good one to alter because I reconise the Name NOBSTER at the end of the Rom officer. I try there to add the cardassian but no luck, it doesn't happear at all it just stay the same. Well if you guys did something else to achive that can you please explain it to me and try to be presice about the file we need to alter. Thx.  

The_Pelican

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 10:55:21 am »
No, it's not the AI file it's the Character.gf file, sorry, my mistake. You can't miss them, trust me, you can change all the planet names as well.