Topic: New Multiplayer Mission for SFC3  (Read 4651 times)

Centauri Vaughn

New Multiplayer Mission for SFC3
« on: April 09, 2003, 12:16:02 am »

TEAM TNG for SFC3
Its 4 missions wrapped up in 1 script. You select the type of mission you want to play  through a custom dialog program.

TEAM SFB for SFC2 Empires at War. (Coming soon)
In addition I will be finishing up Team SFB for SFC2  EAW. This will have 8 missions and uses MagnumMans Co-op Ace engine as well as his shiplist library.  

SFC2 Orion Pirates Missions:

The TNG Mission Model Site "Sector Wolf 359"  is back up.

You can find it all at:  
 The Breakfast Club  

Centauri Vaughn  

Teeth_03

Re: New Multiplayer Mission for SFC3
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 07:00:23 pm »
Dude,whats the big idea?(I always wanted to say that on here)It freezes up.The loading bar will go all the way but nothing happens.I just copied your loadout file onto mine and played it.You dont actually need the shipnames file do you?Even if it dosen't work, it will just say ???.So is it sosposed to take a long time to load???Please tell me.But at least it sounds cool.I'm excited to see endgame on the description screen.    

Centauri Vaughn

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 08:01:18 pm »
Quote:

You dont actually need the shipnames file do you?Even if it dosen't work, it will just say ???.

I just downloaded the mission from the site and re installed it.  
Sounds like you did not READ the read me correctly or did not read it at all.
 Why don't you try doing that and installing the mission correctly before you post about it not working when it does.

Also,  you need to have the latest 1.01 patch installed.

Teeth_03

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 08:44:48 pm »
I know how SFC3 works.Besides,if I have to do all of that work, I'm at least going to post it on here(the shipnames file).Sorry if I made you angry. I'm not having a good day myself  

MarianoDT

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 08:16:32 pm »
Well, I have to ask....
I tried this but i cant get it to work. And yes, I followed all the instructions.

Questions:

Is it only for multiplayer? or I can use it in single player skirmish mode.

Is there anyone with the same problem?

Anyone can guess what my problem is? (not that I am too stup.....useful suggestions are apreciated)

Thanks

Mariano  

Centauri Vaughn

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2003, 08:33:37 pm »

Team TNG will work in single player mission.
 All you have to do is start SFC3 and click on single/multi player skirmish and it will run.

As far as it not working for you I need to know what exactly you are or are not seeing to offer a trouble shoot.

MarianoDT

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2003, 08:54:39 pm »
Quote:

Team TNG will work in single player mission.
 All you have to do is start SFC3 and click on single/multi player skirmish and it will run.

As far as it not working for you I need to know what exactly you are or are not seeing to offer a trouble shoot.  

The problem is that after installing the script I go to single player skirmish and I donīt even see the TNG battles in the menu.-
It seems that nothing changed after installing the files.
I tried running the aplication for mission selection before running the game but itīs the same.
I donīt have experience with the scripts so iīd apreciate your help.

Mariano  

Centauri Vaughn

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2003, 09:40:30 pm »

Click on the TeamTNG Installer, then click on the "browse" button. You need to browse the mission to your "assets / scripts" folder located inside your SFC3 folder.

Also, make sure you install the "custom ship loadout" file to your "assets / specs" folder.

MarianoDT

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2003, 12:42:27 pm »
Quote:

Click on the TeamTNG Installer, then click on the "browse" button. You need to browse the mission to your "assets / scripts" folder located inside your SFC3 folder.

Also, make sure you install the "custom ship loadout" file to your "assets / specs" folder.

About this:
When I run the installer the default location includes a "TeamTNGBattles" directory, but when I browse the new location it doesnīt apears.
Do I have to have it installed in the   "\Sfc3\Assets\Scripts\"  folder or in the    "\Sfc3\Assets\Scripts\TeamTNGBattles\" one?

Thanks

Mariano  

Centauri Vaughn

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2003, 01:02:56 pm »

Quote:

Do I have to have it installed in the "\Sfc3\Assets\Scripts\" folder or in the "\Sfc3\Assets\Scripts\TeamTNGBattles\" one?

Just install it to "\Sfc3\Assets\Scripts\". You will not see the folder only the script.
The dialog will default to your start menu.
To make sure you have the mission just look for "Mul_TeamTNG"(.scr) scripts file in your scripts folder.

MarianoDT

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2003, 08:26:50 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Do I have to have it installed in the "\Sfc3\Assets\Scripts\" folder or in the "\Sfc3\Assets\Scripts\TeamTNGBattles\" one?

Just install it to "\Sfc3\Assets\Scripts\". You will not see the folder only the script.
The dialog will default to your start menu.
To make sure you have the mission just look for "Mul_TeamTNG"(.scr) scripts file in your scripts folder.  

OK. Now it works perfectly...Iīve reinstalled all the files.
It was not that difficult after all........
Another thing that i did was to delete the .cache files in the script directory. I donīt know if that helped, but now it works.

Thank you very much for your time.  

Mariano