Topic: New Klingon ship: The D5 Battlecruiser  (Read 29505 times)

Firestorm

Re: New Klingon ship: The D5 Battlecruiser
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2003, 11:15:01 am »
Well, now Archer is a fugitive from the Klingon prison, so they will milk that for a few opisodes, but at some point, the Federation (namely Archer) and the Klingon High Councel will have to kiss and make up, so they can go on with other story lines for future episodes.

Whiplash

« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2003, 04:47:43 pm »
How long will it be before the Klingons realize he is gone? It could be a long time. They probably don't expect many of them to escape. They may not take a roll call but once every week or less.

W.

Tremok

« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2003, 05:03:41 pm »
 They probably believe he fell down some fissure or some such.

Or till the NX runs into a another Klingon ship.  

3dot14

« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2003, 07:29:38 pm »
Quote:

Well, now Archer is a fugitive from the Klingon prison, so they will milk that for a few opisodes, but at some point, the Federation (namely Archer) and the Klingon High Councel will have to kiss and make up, so they can go on with other story lines for future episodes.  

OR,

this could be the start the the (pre)Federation-Klingon First Contact War that we have been waiting for...

(I remember Picard in TNG was mentioning something about a Fed-Klingon war due to botched First Contact)

Tremok

« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2003, 09:06:09 pm »
 Picard said "A hundred years of conflict", he didn't say war.

How could Starfleet win a war with the Klingons now anyway? Every Klingon ship we have seen, the Raptor, the Battlecruiser, the D5, all have outmatch the Enterprise, and the Klingons supposedly have fleets of them.  

3dot14

« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2003, 10:19:27 pm »
fine... then CONFLICT(verb)/fight.

So far Klingon and Earth are far too nice to each other... In fact, everyone is nice to (or at least tolerate) Earth.

"starfleet" in its present form (human/earth only) won't win v. Klingons... Maybe that would be the catalyst to band Andor, Vulcan, and Earth (haven't seen Tellar set but I have a felling soon) together as Federation Starfleet? (and get back to "canon" storylines for a change.)

Just as Federation would've lost the Dominion war had the Romulans not joined. (Under Pale Moon Light, one of my favorite episodes)

Tremok

« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2003, 11:27:19 pm »
Quote:

fine... then CONFLICT(verb)/fight.

So far Klingon and Earth are far too nice to each other... In fact, everyone is nice to (or at least tolerate) Earth.

"starfleet" in its present form (human/earth only) won't win v. Klingons... Maybe that would be the catalyst to band Andor, Vulcan, and Earth (haven't seen Tellar set but I have a felling soon) together as Federation Starfleet? (and get back to "canon" storylines for a change.)

Just as Federation would've lost the Dominion war had the Romulans not joined. (Under Pale Moon Light, one of my favorite episodes)  

So far, every time the Enterprise has encountered a Klingon vessel, that Klingon vessel has acted aggressively and hostilely towards the Enterprise.  And what happened when the Enterprise acted honorably and helped Klingon subjects? They went from sentencing Archer to a quick death, to a long, drawn out death from hard labor.

If you see this as 'being too nice to each other', so be it.

Also, could you list some races that where nice to the Enterprise? I don't remember all that many.

I remember the random ships have run across the Enterprise and started shooting at her for no reason. We have seen alien ships attach themselves to Enterprise and feed off of her. We have seen evil space stations lure in the Enterprise and kidnap her crew and hooked up the abducted person and use there brain for processing power. We have seen alien races put Archer and Trip into prison because they don't like the look of them. We have seen the Enterprise almost blown into pieces by the Romulans. We have seen several times aliens trying to board and capture the Enterprise.

Seems to me the universe has been all that tolerating so far.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Tremok »

Captain KoraH

Re: Klingons Rule :D
« Reply #167 on: April 21, 2003, 01:35:21 pm »

Quote:

Not because the three DNs bested the Scimitar in combat. Not all all, the Scimitar still had 70 percent shield strength when all the ships where disabled. The Scimitar died because Shinzon was stupid. Lets see,

1. He pulls up right in front of the Enterprise.

2. He keeps his cloak off.

3. He is so kind to even keep his shields off.

4. When the Enterprises starts comming to him, does he open fire with his weapons trying to knock out the impluse engines? No. Does he try to simply blow the ship to pieces when he realized he doesn't have time to disable her? No. Did he even try to lock on a tractor beam to keep the Enterprise away? No. He just stood there and let the Enterprise ram him.

1. Why not?

2. Why not?

3. Why not?

Lets see... what would I do if I were a "smart Shinzon"?
a) I know I will die in minutes without Picard's body.
b)The Enterprise is without any weapons. She cannot hurt me.  
c)My own ship is virtually unscathed and heavily armored.

So what should I do? According to the above, I should:

a) Stay out of transporter range of Enterprise, preventing me from abducting Picard.
b) Stay cloaked, preventing me from abducting Picard.
c)Keep my shileds up, preventing me from abducting Picard.

Add to this the facts that:
a) Shields have NEVER prevented large, massive, solid objects from penetrating them and striking the ship's hull.
b) The Enterprise is a large, massive, solid object.
c) I need Picard's body in order to continue living more than a couple minutes more.
d) Even if Enterprise ramms me, my ship will only get a little scratched, and Enterprise will be devastated.

It makes perfect sence to me what Shinzon did with his ship. What doesn't make sence to me is why Shinzon didn't just have a henchman kill Picard the moment he materialized aboard Scimitar, and steal his DNA from his dead body. Anyway, it wasn't one of the better movies, and the Scimitar is a joke. I wish the stupid thing had never been invented. Bigger and badder enemies are not better when it comes to storytelling.  

Tremok

« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2003, 08:56:01 pm »

Lets see... what would I do if I were a "smart Shinzon"?
a) I know I will die in minutes without Picard's body.
b)The Enterprise is without any weapons. She cannot hurt me.  
c)My own ship is virtually unscathed and heavily armored.

So what should I do? According to the above, I should:

a) Stay out of transporter range of Enterprise, preventing me from abducting Picard.
b) Stay cloaked, preventing me from abducting Picard.
c)Keep my shileds up, preventing me from abducting Picard.

Add to this the facts that:
a) Shields have NEVER prevented large, massive, solid objects from penetrating them and striking the ship's hull.
b) The Enterprise is a large, massive, solid object.
c) I need Picard's body in order to continue living more than a couple minutes more.
d) Even if Enterprise ramms me, my ship will only get a little scratched, and Enterprise will be devastated.

You didn't answer my other questions. Did Shinzon try to shoot out the Enterprises impluse engines when she started her run? Nope. Did he try to lock on a tractor beam? Nope. Considering that the Enterprises shields where all but gone, did he try to beam out Picard and simply destory the ship? Nope.

And didn't the Scimitar transport over troops to the Enterprise while she was still cloaked? Or was this after they lost there cloaked?

Also the Enterprise shields stop a large, massive, metal object (a Valdores blown-off wing). Considering how much bigger and more massive the Scimitar is over the Enterprise, having its shields up would of greatly reduced the impact, it not stopped it completely.  Even if he kept he shields down so he could transport over Picard, why didn't raise them when Enterprise started her ramming run? She had plenty of time.

On a closing comment, the Scimitar was more than a little scratched after the ramming.  

Baker

« Reply #169 on: April 22, 2003, 01:20:42 am »
Hail to the mighty Fedaration  

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2003, 09:20:22 pm »
At the time the Tanker was viewed as a Raptor with its wings down

I've heard a comparison of the D-5 to an "upside-down" Raptor

The fact that these ships look similar isn't really that bad.

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2003, 11:04:09 am »
If you say so

What's wrong with refitting a ship to make it a tanker?

Tremok

« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2003, 08:00:56 pm »
 The tanker and the D5 look plenty different to my eye.    

Alidar Jarok

« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2003, 08:28:43 pm »

Are you sure the tanker doesn't look like the Raptor with its wings down?

Tremok

« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2003, 10:02:14 pm »
It seems to me that they have a different neck, wings, nacelles, and head.

I remember seeing both episodes, and there is enough that I can dell the difference.

Perhaps comparing an episode screen vs. episode screen would be better than comparing episode screen vs. graphic.

Whiplash

« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2003, 11:26:18 pm »
Hey, Rat Boy,

Really nice profiles of the Klink ships. Where did you get them, or did you make them?

W.