Topic: A gift to the Fed players...  (Read 8557 times)

Sandman

A gift to the Fed players...
« on: January 24, 2003, 06:18:56 pm »
To:
  Dynaverse 2 United Federation Of Planets gamers

Krenn vestai Khemaraa, The Iron Hand
  Klingon Black Fleet,
  Member 69th fleet "The Black Mist"

Subject:
  Improvement in U.F.P.  D2 stratigic performance

Salutations,

Over the last few campaigns, the Federation has not done well.  There are a number of reasons why this could be, but two have stuck out sufficiently far that I, a mear Klingon ships captain, have noticed them.  The obvious has been, and shall be, new players in the game initially playing Federation.   Theres not much you can do about that, but continue what is always a duty of a community to its self which is to get with new players and welcome them into the community.    The community of Federation players have obviously learned to do this, so that effect is minimalized to some extent.

A more harmfull problem interfearing with Federation effectivness is the lack of co-operation that has been reported between the different Federation player orginizations.    For this problem, there is a solution.  And that solution is easily found within the fictional, mythical srtructure of what the Federation is supposed to be.  

Form a Joint Command Group.
       This group would be made up of the leaders of each of the player orginization/fleets.   Each fleet leader has a vote in what operations the Group as a whole will take.   If your fleets are going to operate independently by nature of each other, then you must take advantage of the strength inherent in such a structure.   Part of the process would be within the group
would be fitting the fleet for the task..  If nothing else, you can select fleet objectives buy the number of members in a particular fleet.    If anything people will undervalue the number of members they have...  Being thrown into a meat grinder where yer outnumbered badly is no fun, and those that over value are going to discover that nightmare on thier own!
  As for the independent players.  The ones who do not join any of the existing fleets, I suggest the following.  Post right on the open boards what hexes you would like them to operate near each day.    And tell 'em what regular fleet will be operating there.  BACK UP YOUR INDEPENDENT PLAYERS!  Sometimes the wildcards are the best cards.  The Klingon game in the Fiction is called Klin Zha, the Human games are Chess, and  Poker .   To gamble and win is the Federation way.    And its been awhile since the Federation placed better then third place scoring in a campaign.    The one thing you need is 3 position in your command group.  These three do not vote.  Thier job is offensive and defensive planning.
The Planning staff presents possible operations based on what ever criteria is usefull, it is the voting staffs job to sort, accept, reject, and ultimatly decide on the operations the Federation will initiate.  You need one person elected chairman....  Just use roberts rules of order.  Get a copy at your local library.   You will also need Dynaverse Co-ordinators.  Much like the RM's, and ARM's thier job is to have one of them online 24/7 during a server campaign run, and communicate opjectives to federation and allied players.   Also to maintain the ability of the combined fleets to respond to threats in real time on the server.    Ya'll need to chill down on alot of  the politicing though, its costing you campaigns when it shouldn't.   The Federation did much better in the last sfc2.net capaign then it had done in awhile, but it should have done better.

Don't force the Black Mist to go to the admins and have 'em switch you all to other races, while the Mist flies Federation and shows you how it supposed to be done.  I'm not joking, we will do it!

Khemaraa sends

Bob Graham

Re: A gift to the Fed players...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 12:21:00 am »
You dont need to fly  Fed to show us how its done, that would just put us in ships we are unfamiliar with but still have the same problems

Sandman

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 02:53:56 am »
We love to hate you guys ya know....

Just like you do us...

:-)

(Passes the Bloodwine)

luckyFed

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 05:00:44 am »
Dear Sandman / Krenn Vestai Khemaraa,

Thanks for your input. (I guess you have a lot of time on your hands eh ? )

You'd be pleased to know that your suggestions have already been implemented over the past few servers.

Capt Jeff

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 08:38:32 am »
***Takes the bottle of bloodwine and chugs it down........BURP.......Hands the empty bottle back and begins staggering away*****

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2003, 11:31:30 am »
Dear Klinkazoid, <-----that better

Thank you for your input, we are doing fine. The fist fights are over and issues are being put in order. You have given me some things to post on the locker room board for the troops to read. I am sure your comments will be well received by the rank and file.

Please note you have made my planning in the next server far less complicated as to who gets to see our new battle plans, for that I thank you.

We had our moments in the last server, and I am sure you might have noticed that when we did get our plans together we might have caused you some concern at times. What you may want to consider is how far we have proceeded from there.

Please keep making posts such as this, every time you do makes my efforts a little easier.

Yours
Hooch

PS
Get stuffed!

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by SSCF Hooch »

Corbomite

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2003, 11:33:34 am »
Quote:

Dear Romulan SOB,

LOL, he's a Klink you dopey Fed!

Capt Jeff

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2003, 01:01:28 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Dear Romulan SOB,

LOL, he's a Klink you dopey Fed!  

****Jeff Staggers back, takes the joint from Hooch's hand, and hands it over to Khemaraa....sheesh...what a lightweight******
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Capt Jeff »

Bob Graham

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2003, 01:23:25 pm »
Good Lord Jeff, ease up bud!

Sandman

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2003, 04:07:29 pm »
<Khemaraa grabs joint and.

ffffffWEeeeeeeeeet!

<puff>

Er!

(sound of exhaleation)

Not bad, not bad.

<Huge pointy toothed klingon grin>

Good.   You feds have the ships, and have some very good captains..   ( I will never ever let Tracy G. near me again if she's in a bigger ship...the Girls got game! And with an edge in firepower..I don't fight in a burning house. )

I so love a good fight!  

<Grabs 8 Liter cask from deck, and refills goblets>
<slaps a large bowl of Popcorn, lightly buttered with a sprinkling of brewers yeast up on the table>

You Federation have your warrior past.  The Andorians, Rigelians, and other members are quite admirable.  Vulcans are always a challenge as one does not make technical errors against a Vulcan crewed ship and survive.   And even the Earthers  have had warrior cultures of note.  the Khomeres Nihon and the Samuri.  The Vikungs, the Mongols,  North American plains peoples.  The Khomrex Roman.  And of course the Khomerex Komintern, and Khomerex American with the warrior peoples of Africa and what is called the Middle east that have existed for all of your written history.    And there are others.  No known race has such an internal diversity of cultures as the Humans of Earth.   You have tTens of tens starsystems, and many tens of developed worlds in your Federation.    The Khomerx Federazzion is a very strange empire
to the rest of the galactic powers..

And if you don't like bloodwine, the bar if fully stocked.  I had a lot of unspent left over prestige from the last war.
The replicator has over 300 terabytes of recipies of all known bar foods in the galaxy.   Toral the Vulcan, who serves as Thuraval to my house is the best bartender a being could have.  My house is honored to have his service.  The Bar is open.

(uh yea, right now, I do have a bit of time on my hands <grin>)

JohnV

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2003, 07:37:12 pm »
Captain Vaughn reads this post and starts to ROTFLMAO to the notion of a Klingon behind the controls of a Federation ship. My god what has this universe come too.

1AF-John Vaughn
Federation Jedi

P.S. Jeff give me some of that dubbie, i need it after reading this.    

Corbomite

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2003, 08:19:54 pm »
Quote:

Captain Vaughn reads this post and starts to ROTFLMAO to the notion of a Klingon behind the controls of a Federation ship. My god what has this universe come too.

1AF-John Vaughn
Federation Jedi

So does that mean watching Worf at the helm in TNG gave you a giggling cramp?

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2003, 08:34:35 pm »
Quote:

****Jeff Staggers back, takes the joint from Hooch's hand, and hands it over to Khemaraa....sheesh...what a lightweight******  

Dude! I am like...soooooooo baked.  

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2003, 02:46:02 am »
You'd really be baked if it had been Katnip in that Joint.......

Vulcan bartender, puleeesssseeee......they don't even eat red meat, much less drink......wanna real bartender, you gotta get a Kzin or a Gorn!!!!!!

Fluf

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2003, 03:40:25 am »
The Feds will be fine for the next server!  They have the Kzin and Gorn on there side this time.  It will be the war of the maps between Iaidoka, Hooch and I!  With Max throwing darts at them!

KOTH-Steel Claw

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2003, 10:31:34 am »
Freds, Kzin, and Gorn, oh my! Sounds like it will be great! I can hardly wait to play again. D3 hasn't been all that so a real campaign shall bejust what the doctor ordered.

::SC sits back, rolls a catnip fatty and begins to head towards oblivion::  

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2003, 06:05:34 pm »
Quote:

The Feds will be fine for the next server!  They have the Kzin and Gorn on there side this time.  It will be the war of the maps between Iaidoka, Hooch and I!  With Max throwing darts at them!  

Do we have to allied with the Gorns?  

Green

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2003, 07:28:26 pm »
Quote:

We're using maps this time?!?  Frig ... I thought our strategy was based on the Sun Tzu theory of "Fluf, you go here."  

Karnak

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2003, 09:34:37 am »
Well, I guess it could get worse for the Feds. They could be allied with the Frogs and I get to be SAC, hehe..

"Defences? Who cares? We don't need to build up defences. What kinda  war planning is that? Just crank up the offensive and head straight for Kronos!!"

*draw straight line from Earth to Kronos with nice ruler on galactic map*

There ya go. The Fed war machine has arrived.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

Agave

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2003, 11:08:44 am »
Diehard,

What's up?   I'm not feeling much love from ya.    Are you really saying that you don't want all the Bruces backing you up for the next campaign.   Hey, we can be kinda wacky at times, but ya take the good with the........ah........gouda.   Ya know what I mean?

Agave Azul

KATChuutRitt

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2003, 01:41:04 am »
You know Die Hard,

T-bombing a few Gorn PFs could be good therapy.....

Scipio_66

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2003, 03:29:10 am »
Quote:

Die Hard originally posted:
Do we have to allied with the Gorns?  

Allies?  You are our *allies*?  I've got to start taking better notes.  I could have sworn the admins said you would be our cats-paws.  

(By the way, it will be nice to have all those photons pointed away from me for a change.  Been a while since we reverted to the Old Alliances.)

-S'Cipio  

Mog

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2003, 08:14:27 am »
Lol Scippy, you mean you faced photons on AOTK ? Wow, wonders will never cease!

And yes, this is a joke post. I faced a lot of photon ships, before anyone objects

SSCF Hooch

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2003, 08:27:13 am »
A'gave, I got all the love ya need bro! I think it is lovely that you and the Romulans will get to see what the nasty PF's can do a ship. I am glad to have you aboard. I will miss the Hydrans though, they are a great group of guys and are some of the best team players I have ever gamed with.

I salute you and your boys Max <S>

Die Hard plase be nice to our allies, we are going to need them. (shoot when they ain't looking  )  

kgs kruk

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2003, 01:04:26 pm »
Quote:

1AF-John Vaughn
Federation Jedi

Kruk looks at this communique and starts laughing.

Some people are clueless  

Sandman

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2003, 07:26:13 am »
 Bah! most likely the notes in the fed locker rooms depict myself performing an anatomicly impossible act witha dead Targ, or something along that line...

And Chutt,  Vulcan Bartenders have two very marvelous traits.  They are the best mixoligists in the galaxy.  His Martini's are always perfect.  ANd he is quite adept and adjusting the mix to your taste.  He always remebers your favorite drink, and like nay good bartender he listens very well, and talks very litte.  And when he does suggest a course of action, it is always a very good one, or one thats so bad that your own brain kicks into gear and you solve it your self!

And could one of you please drag Tracy G away from the ba.  She's flirting with the Vulcan I swear! r?  I hadn't heard she had a thing for Vulcans, and as vulcans go he's very tolerant of the more emotive races.  I absolutly do not want to see a human female who is an admiral tearing ass around the galaxy in a CVA or a BB feeling nasty because she couldn't score...<shudders!>  Perish the thought!

Khemaraa sends