Topic: Pulse Phasers: 10% leak chance applies to Borg armor?  (Read 3349 times)

**DONOTDELETE**

Pulse Phasers: 10% leak chance applies to Borg armor?
« on: April 15, 2003, 06:26:38 pm »
or armour for our UK friends

These are intended to be an "anti-Borg" weapon. Does the special bonus even apply to Borg?

Thanks,
Death (got spanked by a sphere prime) Merchant  

Tulmahk

Re: Pulse Phasers: 10% leak chance applies to Borg armor?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 07:19:35 pm »
It should.  I certainly hope it does.

In fact, I think that should apply to all armor, not just Borg armor.

Pulse Phasers as they stand are very good, but they could stand to be a bit better.  Making them pierce shields AND armor is the perfect way to do that, IMHO.  

SghnDubh

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 10:51:03 pm »

That's silly.

Borg armor does not regenerate in combat, so once you're through it, the borg ship will take internals. There is no option for the borg player to put a different shield facing toward you, cloak and recharge, or break off and recharge.

If you can't get past a Borg's armor with what you have, then you're not using your weapons correctly. MHO.

Alexander1701

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 11:48:57 pm »
  Borg can break off and regenerate their HULLS. That's impressive.

Alexander

SghnDubh

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 12:17:16 am »

Alexander,

Uh...hulls...yeah...big deal. No matter how long I sit out & regenerate, the next phaser-blast will start lighting up internals again.

Regenerating hull is great for assaulting AI bases, but not really very practical for much else. If armor regenerated I'd shut up, but it doesn't, and so Borg have a limitation to how long they can stay in a firefight.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 10:36:07 am »
The point being: Polarons and Pulse Phasers were designed by Taldren to have a "shield leak-through" capability.

I just asked a simple question: Does this leak-through work on the Borg? On the other races, does it leak through to internals or armor?

I'm just looking at Fed refits:
If leak through does nothing against Borg, then the Pulse Phaser is identical in damage potential out to range 25 as the XIS phaser. Compared to the XIS, the pulse has poor hit percentages and uses 2 less power. In fact, beyond range 17 the pulse has less than a 50% hit chance.  

**DONOTDELETE**

Pulse Phasers: 10% leak chance applies to Borg armor?
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 06:26:38 pm »
or armour for our UK friends

These are intended to be an "anti-Borg" weapon. Does the special bonus even apply to Borg?

Thanks,
Death (got spanked by a sphere prime) Merchant  

Tulmahk

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 07:19:35 pm »
It should.  I certainly hope it does.

In fact, I think that should apply to all armor, not just Borg armor.

Pulse Phasers as they stand are very good, but they could stand to be a bit better.  Making them pierce shields AND armor is the perfect way to do that, IMHO.  

SghnDubh

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2003, 10:51:03 pm »

That's silly.

Borg armor does not regenerate in combat, so once you're through it, the borg ship will take internals. There is no option for the borg player to put a different shield facing toward you, cloak and recharge, or break off and recharge.

If you can't get past a Borg's armor with what you have, then you're not using your weapons correctly. MHO.

Alexander1701

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2003, 11:48:57 pm »
  Borg can break off and regenerate their HULLS. That's impressive.

Alexander

SghnDubh

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2003, 12:17:16 am »

Alexander,

Uh...hulls...yeah...big deal. No matter how long I sit out & regenerate, the next phaser-blast will start lighting up internals again.

Regenerating hull is great for assaulting AI bases, but not really very practical for much else. If armor regenerated I'd shut up, but it doesn't, and so Borg have a limitation to how long they can stay in a firefight.

**DONOTDELETE**

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2003, 10:36:07 am »
The point being: Polarons and Pulse Phasers were designed by Taldren to have a "shield leak-through" capability.

I just asked a simple question: Does this leak-through work on the Borg? On the other races, does it leak through to internals or armor?

I'm just looking at Fed refits:
If leak through does nothing against Borg, then the Pulse Phaser is identical in damage potential out to range 25 as the XIS phaser. Compared to the XIS, the pulse has poor hit percentages and uses 2 less power. In fact, beyond range 17 the pulse has less than a 50% hit chance.