Topic: When Chris Jones's new update comes out...  (Read 2824 times)

Teeth_03

When Chris Jones's new update comes out...
« on: April 16, 2003, 09:41:54 pm »
... were goin to need edited skirmish missions that has that new atmosphere map. That would be so cool.

Chris Jones

Terrain and a suprise..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 09:58:42 am »
Hi  teeth -

glad you like the Planet Atmosphere look. I do not see how it work on the D3 though as it is a model and not a map.

it would be treated a ship by the D3, and need to be bought, which wouldn't make a lot of sense.

For the moment, the terrain you see will be good for single or multiplayer (non-dyna) use.

What would be cool is if the space mods in assets/models could be re-done to not be space, but be terrain and sky and such.

I can say that a few more suprises are in store for this mod...  

Chris

The_Pelican

Re: Terrain and a suprise..
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 11:42:32 am »
Actually, you can bypass it using the scripts, not difficult really, as you just create a neutral team that does not need to be defeated to end the mission. Then you just use that team to be the terrain map. You then need to give the terrain the planet property, so it cannot be destroyed. Should work.

Teeth_03

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 12:10:40 am »
We talked before on the subject.I'm trying to give someone the idea to make a script that has the Landscapes in it so you don't have to manually pick them .It could randomly choose one and the playing field could be much bigger.It could be 1 on 1,3 on 3 or 4 on 4.It could be called "Atmospheric Flight"(say that 10 times real fast)

InterMech

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2003, 07:23:39 am »
What would be cool would be a series of missions where first you are approaching the planet, like a planet assault, then in the next mission you are in low orbit, and then in the next one you are just skimming the ground. A neat story line might be that you are rescuing hostages or somthing and you have to get in close. The enemy could be given atmospheric fighters that you only see in the low atmosphere missions. I think that would give the game alot of variety.