Topic: SFBOP  (Read 5387 times)

Mauser

SFBOP
« on: April 17, 2003, 08:54:55 am »
Why cant I input my CD key on my Orion Pirates CD when promted. Its there a patch?  

Mog

Re: SFBOP
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 09:13:34 am »
Is this a new purchase? I know that some copies of OP had the wrong type of CD key shipped - they had EAW keys which I think were 20 characters long, whereas OP ones are 16 (could be other way round - the catnip makes one a bit hazy you know).

Please explain further on your problem, there will be a way to help if we can diagnose it more precisely.

Can-able

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 09:24:58 am »
Also is it a Reinstall ???

If so  then you have the CD key in the Regestry all rdy.

If my memory serves me correct after a reinstall of EAW you have to reimput the cd key, But with OP it stays in you regestry  

David Ferrell

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 02:01:54 pm »
If you are running XP or 2K then try running the StarfleetOP.exe directly.

Thanks,

Dave

Darkwalker

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2003, 01:15:05 am »
And just when I had run into the same problem with my brand-new copy of OP (under Win2K, of course) and was going to post about it, Dave shows up with the answer. Worked just like you said, Dave. Thanks much...even if I never did have to ask.    

Mauser

SFBOP
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 08:54:55 am »
Why cant I input my CD key on my Orion Pirates CD when promted. Its there a patch?  

Mog

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 09:13:34 am »
Is this a new purchase? I know that some copies of OP had the wrong type of CD key shipped - they had EAW keys which I think were 20 characters long, whereas OP ones are 16 (could be other way round - the catnip makes one a bit hazy you know).

Please explain further on your problem, there will be a way to help if we can diagnose it more precisely.

Can-able

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 09:24:58 am »
Also is it a Reinstall ???

If so  then you have the CD key in the Regestry all rdy.

If my memory serves me correct after a reinstall of EAW you have to reimput the cd key, But with OP it stays in you regestry  

David Ferrell

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 02:01:54 pm »
If you are running XP or 2K then try running the StarfleetOP.exe directly.

Thanks,

Dave

Darkwalker

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2003, 01:15:05 am »
And just when I had run into the same problem with my brand-new copy of OP (under Win2K, of course) and was going to post about it, Dave shows up with the answer. Worked just like you said, Dave. Thanks much...even if I never did have to ask.