Topic: *** IMPORTANT *** Another change to Litterbox  (Read 9172 times)

FPF_TraceyG

*** IMPORTANT *** Another change to Litterbox
« on: April 17, 2003, 09:32:37 pm »
It appears that there is fatal error being caused by the shiplist when the server date reaches year 2264.0

Unfortunately, even running a stock shiplist doesnt solve the problem because the erroneous ships are already in the database.
Therefore, yet again, there has been another server reset. This is also likely to have been the cause for the previous reset as well.
Please accept my apologies yet again for any inconvenience this may have caused.

NOTE: Litterbox is now using the STOCK TALDREN SHIPLIST

You will need to replace the shiplist in your Assets/Specs directory with the stock Taldren shiplist to log into the server.

TheMaverick

Re: *** IMPORTANT *** Another change to Litterbox
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 09:38:20 pm »
*forms picket line* Stop the Madness, save the Maverick. Stop the madness, save the Maverick

KBF-Dogmatix

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 09:42:07 pm »
Urgh...not again.  I was just about out of F5 Hell and it begins again.  *sigh*

TheMaverick

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 09:44:23 pm »
Yes everyone keep getting Doggy angry he might let me off with just a minor ass whooping

KBF-Dogmatix

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 10:02:32 pm »
So there I was...undeterred by the 2nd reset in as many days...my precious and rare playing time shot all to hell.  I log into LB3 and begin my career anew in another F5C.  My first mission is a fleet action in which I pull an F-CC, F-CL and F-DD.  My helper is a Romulan K5R.

I manage to actually win the mission without getting my ship all shot to hell.  I was "rewarded" with 300 pp for my apparently paltry efforts.  "Oh well," I say, "perhaps I should have tried to capture that CC with my two transporters" and I click on "OK."  

"Your connection to the server has been lost."  

Well, I guess that does it for me tonight.  I could probably play a little more, but this clearly isn't my night.  Better luck tomorrow.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by KBF-Dogmatix »

Rob Cole

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 10:12:02 pm »
Quote:

Urgh...not again.  I was just about out of F5 Hell and it begins again.  *sigh*

Dont worry Doggy resets are the norm for a Fluf server.

FLUF YOU BASTARD!

Kurok

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 10:12:09 pm »
 Was finally in my killer ship the mighty and feared D7c oh well more practice in the smaller ships.
  Kurok

gornrule

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 10:14:00 pm »
  Would it be possible for someone to edit/fix/redo the auto installer so the less computer literate among us (myself most notably) (STFU Kroma) would be able to get into the server without having to go through the nightmare of trying to swap files, only to watch as again and again you are not allowed access to the server, leading to serveral bout of shouting at an inanimate object, culminating in turning off the computer to work on your pathetic golf game?  Sorry, I digress.  Would it be possible?  Please?  Pretty please?  With sugar on top?  Fluf? Tracey? Jeff? Ransanj?

Eternal thanks.

Gwarlock
Commander GDA Kroma Must Die
Director - Return of the Revenge of the Night of the Pink Tutu

Karnak

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 11:12:24 pm »
Well, look on the bright side. Y'all gave me more time to send more EEK missions your way.

We could use the old AoTK shiplist or ISC Inv.'s

*ducks rotten tomato pelting*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Karnak »

JMM

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2003, 12:39:18 am »
I know what Gornrule means, I suck at file swapping even though I got it down on AOTK. Now I have a freshly reinstalled SFC2, and do not know what to do... No LB3 until I can get the mission pack and stuff without the mod shiplist...  

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2003, 02:19:54 am »
Quote:

I know what Gornrule means, I suck at file swapping even though I got it down on AOTK. Now I have a freshly reinstalled SFC2, and do not know what to do... No LB3 until I can get the mission pack and stuff without the mod shiplist...  

Check your PM's... I've sent you a reply.

Fluf

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2003, 03:47:15 am »
Easiest way to do this is if you already have the mod downloaded, go to the orignal LB3 thread and download the "Reinstaller".  It will automatically switch out your shiplist for the stock shiplist and your strings files, but will leave the missions in your scripts file.

So, First time players download the orignal mod and run the exe.  Then download the "Reinstaller" and run it.  You should be able to log on with no problem then.

Players that have already been on LB3, just download and run the Reinstaller and you will be able to get right on.

Soreyes

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2003, 04:02:15 am »
With this restart, are we starting in the same type ships? Before I came to work I did the restart. Lo And behold my starting ship is a Z-CA with 1000pp. is this right?

TOCXOBearslayer

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2003, 04:15:41 am »
HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY! HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!

So I get on Wednesday.... earn 5K.... put a H-LB on order for Thursday and log off....

So I get on Thursday.... earn 7K.... am flying a H-LM after 4 hours of play....Play for a bit more then log off...

And I get to do it again.... sheesh...

HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY! HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!

Dizzy

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2003, 06:00:49 am »
everytime they do a server restart... sheesh... put everyone in decent cruisers at least!

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2003, 06:23:13 am »
Quote:

everytime they do a server restart... sheesh... put everyone in decent cruisers at least!  

Well, Diz, you realise these words will come back at you when SG3 starts...

Capt Jeff

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2003, 06:57:25 am »
Hey Tracey, if you could jump on MSN, that would be great.....

I am beginning to wonder if there wasn't some kind of corruption in some file transfer somewhere.....

Maxillius

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2003, 07:18:03 am »
***DELETED*** Moved to its own thread.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Commander Maxillius »

Karnak

Re: *** IMPORTANT *** Another change to Litterbox *DELETED*
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2003, 08:16:46 am »
Post deleted by Karnak

FPF_TraceyG

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2003, 08:28:35 am »
Quote:

Hey Tracey, if you could jump on MSN, that would be great.....

I am beginning to wonder if there wasn't some kind of corruption in some file transfer somewhere.....  

It's very possible and would explain a lot...