Topic: To Taldren and Dyna Admins : A Serious Notice  (Read 9795 times)

Aoav160

Re: To Taldren and Dyna Admins : A Serious Notice
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2003, 11:12:10 pm »
"thus proving Stolen Software" seems to lack much proof. I have bought and registered all of my software before you make another claim, but are you 100% sure they were looking for a key/crack? Contact the FBI if it is legitimate instead of posting "evidence" on a BB.

Pestalence

Re: To Taldren and Dyna Admins : A Serious Notice
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2003, 11:37:27 pm »
as a general rule of the internet... considering all the hacking web sites and warez sites and appz sites and etc ... doing a search in a digging search engine like google, which digs web sites deeply for their contents to match words, this leads me to believe that the person in looking for a CD Key to install a warez version of SFC 3....

If having CD Key Problems

A: if having CD key problems you always contact customer service of the publisher first

B: If having CD key Problems, contacting the software developer for Customer Service

C: going to the Publishers Forum Board and looking for information on related problems

D: same as C only at the developers forum

E and F : Post messages and send Emails to the respective companies asking for a solution to the problem.

these are legal ways of dealing with CD key issues.. doing a web search leads one to believe that they are trying to crack the software... any cracks, including No-CD cracks are illegal according to EULA that people agree to when installing software.... CD Keys being looked up brings to light that the person is trying to install the software and has not seen the EULA, thus installing Illegal Software DL'd from a warez or appz site...

CD Key is used for installing SFC 3 (upon first run of the setup.exe file) and is also used for verification during log in on a Dynaverse Server to check to see if that Key is in use...

The current server versions.. v504 .. releases CD keys correctly... the only errors concerning CD keys are on servers running Mods.. at least that is what research is showing on this issue concerning the v504 server kits.....

now to consider that the player is playing Unpatched, CD key is an issue, yes... however, the problem can be resolved by the 6 things i listed above... if not, then they can take the software back for either a refund or exchange to see if that works....

looking speciffically for a SFC3 CDKey makes me believe, in the world of Warez, that they were looking for a crack for the game... most probably for installing the game...

thanks

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »