Topic: Traitor's Claw & Hasparath  (Read 4755 times)

Capt. Sarmox

Traitor's Claw & Hasparath
« on: April 23, 2003, 08:16:20 pm »
Both are up at my temporary page.

Kzinti police ship Traitor's Claw

Klingon   Hasparath class freighter

Without question, I'll update the textures on these eventually, then they'll go up at Starfleet Universe's repository. Until then, here they are for one and all to play with.

Later.  

Reverend

Re: Traitor's Claw & Hasparath
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 08:23:36 pm »
Thanks a lot Capt Sarmox- I liked the Kzin, but I agree with whats-his-name, that freighter was awesome looking! Thanks again, we all appreciate it-

-Sincerest;

Reverend

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 08:35:30 pm »
Thank you.  

Nicely done, regarding the freighter, where are the engines and cargo containers? The central squars seem really thin to be cargo holds. What was it supposed to carry originally?

These ships will make fine additions to any TOS/TAS mod. Always great to see non-ultra-tech warships being done. You should try the ST: New Worlds Romulan Melak warbird next!

Qapla!

KF

Azel

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2003, 09:11:41 pm »
Thank you!!!  

Capt. Sarmox

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 06:34:11 am »
Quote:

Thank you.  

Nicely done, regarding the freighter, where are the engines and cargo containers? The central squars seem really thin to be cargo holds. What was it supposed to carry originally?

The four thin  boxes are neutronic fuel tanks as that's supposed to be one of the ship's main cargos. The two half-cones are passenger/cargo modules. The warp drive is internal, located in the large rectangular structure to the rear. Despite the size differences, I'd guess she's got a drive arrangment similar to the Br'el's (closely-paired, internal warp and impulse drives).

You're welcome. I look forward to seeing what texture variations show up on these.  

kobosh

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 04:07:09 am »
hi cpt. sarmox, i saw ur marvelous klingon freighter & saw a number of possibilities!
i've modified & textured it somewhat to my likings, i hope u do not mind  i've altered ur baby.

what do u all think? worthy of these forums or not?
here she is

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2003, 04:57:15 am »
Very nice! Anyway to get those textures? Looks more like a Klink ship now too..

Azel

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2003, 11:18:16 am »
Awesome work guys

hey that Roger Raupp Kzin ship...can you release her too???

shes just as cool

Capt. Sarmox

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2003, 08:51:43 pm »
Quote:

hi cpt. sarmox, i saw ur marvelous klingon freighter & saw a number of possibilities!
i've modified & textured it somewhat to my likings, i hope u do not mind  i've altered ur baby.

Looks like a pretty good varient. For the Hasparath, I'd like to work up three versions: a ST-era gray, a TMP-iK'tinga style, and a Kobayashi Maru UFP civilian scheme.

I don't mind modifications, especially new textures, at all. None of these models is what I would call finished. But rather than keep them on my hard drive for months and months (I've had the Kzin for at least six) while I pick at them, I decided to dump the "rough drafts" out for everyone else to play with.

Thanks for showing your take on it.

As to the other Kzin:

Patriarch class courier
The above is the third of the Kzin police ship designs. This one is by Geoff Mandel (author of the recent Star Trek Starcharts, contributor to the Star Trek Maps. Star Fleet Medical Reference Manual, and graphic artist on a couple fo the TV shows) from the ancient Star Fleet Handbook circa 1977. You can see she's got the same basic elements as the Traitor's Claw and the Dragon FASA ship, but again rearranged. My guess is Mandel and Raupp were working from memory and not images from the episode.

The Overlord-class police cruiser  is up as well.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2003, 09:08:02 pm by Capt. Sarmox »

Azel

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2003, 01:03:48 am »
SWEEET!!!

thank you... thank you...Thank You!!!!

Any schematics for these babies aswell???
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 01:04:50 am by Azel »

Klingon Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 07:04:53 pm »
BUMP for Firesoul and other folks looking for more Kzinti *Mirak* ships, LOL.

I will attempt to retexture these in Mirak fashion at some point, LOL.

KF  

Capt. Sarmox

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2003, 09:49:30 pm »
Cool. I look forward to seeing them.

The pink's accurate for the TAS ship, but it's a bit much. I've been thinking about reworking these and toning it down, leave it as more a tint over a base metallic color rather than these cartoony paint schemes. Another way to go might be with the color mentioned in Niven's original short story. The ship was described as blood red if I recall.  

Offline RBM

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2019, 09:44:10 pm »
Bumping this in the Hope someone has the files I don't have access to the machine on which I built them and Bell South closed the Personal page I had them loaded on too
 Also looking for the Gorn 3Zb cruiser, thanks in advance