Topic: Looking for Challenger and Apollo Feddies from Wolf 359  (Read 7644 times)

Anthony_Scott

Looking for Challenger and Apollo Feddies from Wolf 359
« on: April 25, 2003, 11:07:19 pm »
I hope some of you can help me. I am looking for the feddie Challenger and Apollo classes these two sjips were amongst those ships lost at Wolf 359.

If anyone has them would you be willing to pass them to me?

Thanks!

Anthony_Scott

Re: Looking for Challenger and Apollo Feddies from Wolf 359
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2003, 10:57:32 pm »
bump..still looking...

Azel

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2003, 11:09:13 pm »
Ok Knox has a Challenger(if I am not mistaken)
As for an Apollo...sorry no dice...as far as my knowledge, no one has done it
I would have like one too, though  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 05:33:47 am »
Hi There
  Atrahasis did the apollo class for sfc1 then converted it over to SFC2 if you check the models down load section
at the starfleet command universe web site you might be able to find it there. he did the Hornet and a few others
for that time period.  

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 06:48:10 am »
Looked there first but have not found them, which is why I was asking here.

Will keep looking tho..thanks!

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 05:34:13 am »
Ok let me check my model collection this evening and I'll see if I have them.  I know I have the Challenger for sfc1 and I think
I have the apollo also I'll up load them to the sfc mods 2 yahoo group.    

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2003, 08:42:36 pm »
HI SMiley
  I'd be interested in getting a copy of that challenger ship also.  just e-mail it to me Thanks.

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2003, 08:57:31 pm »
do you have Icq my number is 107154237. My e-mail is bguignard@rogers.com or can up upload to a yahoo groups list
like sfcmod2?  

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2003, 03:28:44 am »
Smiley I will try ot email you ASAP but can you give me your MSN handle?

Thanks in advance for your models!

And thanks also to the others who responded to this thread.  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2003, 05:29:03 am »
Quote:

Smiley I will try ot email you ASAP but can you give me your MSN handle?

Thanks in advance for your models!

And thanks also to the others who responded to this thread.  

I uploaded the Apollo class to the sfcmod2 yahoo group. along with a picture to
the Sfcmod group.

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2003, 08:20:36 am »
The ship you posted was the 4 nacelled "Excelsior" study model...one of the more obscure ships seen briefly in the debris field...which suits me just fine, because it adds to my Wolf 359 collection! Thanks alot!
this is the 4 nacelled one  
this is the Apollo class:

And this is the Challenger class:  
another Challenger:  

« Last Edit: April 30, 2003, 08:47:47 am by Anthony_Scott »

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2003, 05:41:30 pm »
Quote:

The ship you posted was the 4 nacelled "Excelsior" study model...one of the more obscure ships seen briefly in the debris field...which suits me just fine, because it adds to my Wolf 359 collection! Thanks alot!
this is the 4 nacelled one  
this is the Apollo class:

And this is the Challenger class:  
another Challenger:  

Hi Anthony the problem is that everybody and his uncle can call a ship a certain class and we all have a different ideas of what that ship looks like  depending where we get our resource material.  Atra named the Agamemnon an Apollo class and for me it stuck. The Challenger class for me is the TMP heavy cruiser that was featured in the TNG comic books. Atra  did an SFC 1 version of that ship and I was hoping that someone could do a higher poly version for sfc2/op eventually. Many of those ships in the wolf 359 series never got names or classes attached to them. Eventually you'll get the right ship. now that you've put something visual people will know what your looking for. Glad you can use the one I sent you      

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2003, 08:29:33 pm »
This is what I like so in the Trek community..the honest exchange of differing opinions about starships!

The "official" Apollo is actually a Vulcan design, seen fleetingly in Unification I+II and is actually called the "T'Pau". Even  Bernd Schneider's Star Trek Site  devotes a good part of a page to this class. I can only say that I like the non-canon one better.
Here is the T'Pau/Apollo class:

And the link to it's entry  Other Ships

Once again, thanks to everybody who answered this thread!  

Azel

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2003, 08:58:36 pm »
If Trek Canon is on screen evidence then the USS Gage  NCC 11672 is an Apollo class starship as seen on TNG and DS9
As for that wonderful Vulcan Design...that too is seemingly an Apollo class starship...except that they are Vulcan not starfleet

Bad writer's error strikes again
lol

And as yet no one has modelled the USS Gage for SFC (sadly)
but I would love to have that excelsior prototype converted to SFC please  

Bernard Guignard

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2003, 05:41:25 am »
Quote:

This is what I like so in the Trek community..the honest exchange of differing opinions about starships!

The "official" Apollo is actually a Vulcan design, seen fleetingly in Unification I+II and is actually called the "T'Pau". Even  Bernd Schneider's Star Trek Site  devotes a good part of a page to this class. I can only say that I like the non-canon one better.
Here is the T'Pau/Apollo class:

And the link to it's entry  Other Ships

Once again, thanks to everybody who answered this thread!  

I'd suggest that Apollo Class was probably a code name given to the ship by starfleet much like Nato did for Soviet ships and fighters like the Foxbat or Fiddler or perhaps after getting the ships name in Vulcan it translated closely to Apollo for english purposes. A lot of my resource material comes from Franz Josephs books ships of  the starfleet and fasa and other manuals and of course  Alex Rosenswieg of the Starfleet Dept of Technical Services. Alex use to send photo copies of various ship schematics and ship registration lists to us fans willing to pay the photo copying charges.  He was also instrumental in keeping the Starship Schematic data base on line for fans to enjoy.  

Azel

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2003, 08:44:57 am »
"I'd suggest that Apollo Class was probably a code name given to the ship by starfleet much like Nato did for Soviet ships and fighters like the Foxbat or Fiddler or perhaps after getting the ships name in Vulcan it translated closely to Apollo for english purposes. A lot of my resource material comes from Franz Josephs books ships of the starfleet and fasa and other manuals and of course Alex Rosenswieg of the Starfleet Dept of Technical Services. Alex use to send photo copies of various ship schematics and ship registration lists to us fans willing to pay the photo copying charges. He was also instrumental in keeping the Starship Schematic data base on line for fans to enjoy.  "

I'd go with that explanation on this topic  

Azel

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2003, 09:58:56 pm »
Bump on a cool topic!!!

and a pettition for this design to be modelled  

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2003, 11:45:09 pm »
Ya know, I never anticipated that this topic would become so popular and alive in it's own right! For those of you interested, here is a chart of the ships that were engaged at Wolf 359:

And here is a colorized version:

Enjoy!

Anthony_Scott

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2003, 11:57:56 pm »
And here is a rendering of some of the ships:

Not bad, hunh?