Topic: Any cool custom Mission scripts for SFC3?  (Read 6848 times)

Sorok

Any cool custom Mission scripts for SFC3?
« on: January 26, 2003, 09:43:54 am »
Hi all,

I've been running around looking for some cool new mission scripts but have been unable to find any as of yet.  Am I not looking in the right places or is everyone keeping their valuable mission scripts cloaked?  

Help please....Im tired of doing Scans and responding to distress calls...    

Toasty0

Re: Any cool custom Mission scripts for SFC3?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 04:40:30 pm »
None yet that I'm aware of. As far as I know the scripting API for SFCIII has not been released yet.

I think it was said that the API would be released shortly after the release of the SFCIII patch.

Best,
Jerry  

The_Pelican

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 10:37:32 am »
Yes, I've created 4 new ones, and modified the existing two.

http://www.pwfe.com/Game/Meta_Mission_Scripts.zip

Stormbringer

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 09:21:39 pm »
I cant get your link to work :(

The_Pelican

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2003, 10:20:19 am »
http://www.pwfe.com/Game/Dynaverse_Scripts.zip

Sorry, I took them off recently, I'm going to be putting up some new ones later this week, I've put them back up for you at the above link though. The prestige gains are a little too high for the default game though.

Stormbringer

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 06:32:58 pm »
Got 'em. Looking forward to your new scripts.

Teeth_03

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 07:58:12 pm »
Got any info on the new scripts, and please don't make them mandatory.  

The_Pelican

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2003, 10:34:59 am »
I'm updating the existing Hail missions, which are for when you attack enemy ships, bases, planets etc.

I also plan a new mission called "Seek & Destroy". If I can get it to work, you'll be assigned two ships (nothing more than a Light Cruiser), and you'll be sent in to assault an enemy fleet, I haven't decided what strength the enemy fleet should be yet.

I'm just trying to think up some new ideas, at the moment I can only do variations on the two default missions, Distress Call & Scan, although you can create plenty of missions just from those bases.

Teeth_03

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2003, 03:28:58 pm »
Hey Pelican,
Need an idea?Here is one.You are sent to investigate why the listening post in this sector hasen't been responding to any hails. When you get there, just a simple "relay" problem.But then a bunch of enemy shuttles warp into the area and doing nothing but tring to destroy the listening post.Then when all of the shuttles are destroyed, you find out that the listening post has been seized by the enemy.1-3 enemy FFs,DDs or CLs warp into the area.Destroy them and capture the LP.You should make 2 versions of it.One as before and one without the last part(1-3 enemy ships,capture LP)so you don't know what is going to happen  

The_Pelican

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2003, 05:32:55 pm »
That's something more suited to a Campaign mission, rather than a dynaverse script.

Plus it's a little out of my league at the moment, I only started scripting SFC3 two weeks ago!!!

Oh yeah, and you can't enable capture for the online game, so anything involving capturing things is out of the question at the moment.

Teeth_03

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2003, 06:15:31 pm »
What about a skirmish mission?Can you even add skirmish missions to the game?It would be cool to have 6 cardassians(from Chris Jones's DW mod)vs. 2 Feds,2 Klingons and 2 Roms with ds9 and a wormhole in the backround.It could be converted into a campaign mission.6 enemies vs.6 allies with an allied base in the backround(optional).It could be called Fleet Operations.But the # 1 thing I would like to see is a hail mission that drafts everything in that hex(allies,enemies,bases,planets,terrain).I don't think it is realistic the way it is now.Attacking an enemy with one of his bases in the hex and it not being there in battle.(destroying the starbase should be only optional).Please Reply so I see what you think.    

The_Pelican

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2003, 01:36:24 am »
I could quite easily do a "Call to Arms" skirmish battle, the problem is this, you can't have any more than 6 ships, it's built into the game. Until they decide to change that, we can't go past 3 v 3, adding DS9 won't be a problem, I can modify the Base Assault mission, just switch the Fed starbase for DS9, the wormhole might be trickier, not quite worked out map editing yet, but I have a guide, can't be too hard.

Teeth_03

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2003, 04:05:32 pm »
What about A conquest mission that is similar to that?And you can't tell me that there is a 6 ship limit on that.Besides,what about the Wolf 359 mission,(Cube,3 Feds and 6 other ships you can choose).Can you change the way space looks? Like can you have a pic of the DS9 wormhole,put a regular wormhole in front of it and call it the area around and including DS9.One more thing,if you do that,there should be the Defiant deadlocked in the mission to be defending DS9.And if it works, you should ask Chris Jones if he wanted to put it in his DW mod.We should start a new thread.This is getting crowded.  

Praxis

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2003, 02:14:19 am »
I already convinced Chris Jones to use Pelican's scripts in the mod

The_Pelican

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2003, 11:25:02 am »
Contact me via e-mail, I can create versions of the scripts specific to the TNG Mega Mod. I've already done it for TNZ, and my own Dominion Wars Mod, which I hope to release this weekend. Just got to make sure all 78 models work properly.....

Anyway, I'm releasing an update to the scripts pack later tonight, if you want TNG specific version, mail me at thepelican001@btopenworld.com