Topic: A question about the forums  (Read 10360 times)

RJHJ

A question about the forums
« on: January 16, 2003, 09:05:06 pm »
Nice forums. I like the new abilities we have and having gotten used to them on the new boards out there using this style it's a much easier transfer.

My question is about the color. Will we have the ability to change color schemes? All black tends to blur things after a while.

(how bout black and grey?)

RJHJ  

Dash Jones

Re: A question about the forums
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2003, 09:11:48 pm »
While we are asking questions, I have a really stupid one from me.  It appears that we can add attachments (in editing post it states something to the effect if you want to edit an attachment or something...how do we do this?  

Whiplash

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2003, 09:56:02 pm »
I think I'd have preferred the more neutral black letters on white background. Its easier on the eye.

W.

Aldaron

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 09:59:11 pm »
David or whoever at Taldren. I noticed there isn't a forum for the beta testers. Is this an oversight or is that being done away with?  

Pestalence

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 10:00:33 pm »
Quote:

While we are asking questions, I have a really stupid one from me.  It appears that we can add attachments (in editing post it states something to the effect if you want to edit an attachment or something...how do we do this?  

If you look in the UBB code rule set and the FAQ, Adding attachments to your posts are disabled on the forums...

Pestalence

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2003, 10:04:26 pm »
Quote:

David or whoever at Taldren. I noticed there isn't a forum for the beta testers. Is this an oversight or is that being done away with?  

The forum for the testers is there.. it is listed under private.. If you can't see it, then for some reason or oversite, you were missed when David updated users to this Forum...

you will need to post in the thread in the Beta Testers section on the Old Forum on the thread concerning the new Forums...

Aldaron

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2003, 10:22:49 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

The forum for the testers is there.. it is listed under private.. If you can't see it, then for some reason or oversite, you were missed when David updated users to this Forum...

you will need to post in the thread in the Beta Testers section on the Old Forum on the thread concerning the new Forums...

Have you got a URL. The only thing I had bookmarked was the Taldren main page and now clicking on forum takes to to this one and not the old one.

Nevermind found it in my history. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 16, 2003, 10:27:55 pm by Aldaron »

Pestalence

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2003, 10:40:58 pm »

Vortox

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2003, 11:40:34 pm »
How do you put a avatar under your name???  Any suggestion for a newbie like me...

Aldaron

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2003, 11:48:25 pm »
Quote:

How do you put a avatar under your name???  Any suggestion for a newbie like me...  

Check the FAQ at the top. Click "My Home" and set all your settings

Vortox

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2003, 12:02:12 am »
Quote:

Check the FAQ at the top. Click "My Home" and set all your settings  

Well, Aldaron, is that called the signature image...because I don't think it called the avatar in the forum..lol..sorry for all the questions.

korus

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2003, 12:38:12 am »
     Ditto...  Where's the post reply button ? And the post new topic button? And If someone would be kind enough to tell me how to get my own avatar please send me a note.  Thanks!

Korus  

P.S. How do I use the color text?    
« Last Edit: January 17, 2003, 12:41:22 am by korus »

ActiveX

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2003, 04:54:38 am »
Where is my bloody manual?!?  

RJHJ

A question about the forums
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2003, 09:05:06 pm »
Nice forums. I like the new abilities we have and having gotten used to them on the new boards out there using this style it's a much easier transfer.

My question is about the color. Will we have the ability to change color schemes? All black tends to blur things after a while.

(how bout black and grey?)

RJHJ  

Dash Jones

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2003, 09:11:48 pm »

Whiplash

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2003, 09:56:02 pm »
I think I'd have preferred the more neutral black letters on white background. Its easier on the eye.

W.

Aldaron

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2003, 09:59:11 pm »

Pestalence

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2003, 10:00:33 pm »
Quote:

If you look in the UBB code rule set and the FAQ, Adding attachments to your posts are disabled on the forums...

Pestalence

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2003, 10:04:26 pm »
Quote:

Aldaron

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2003, 10:22:49 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Have you got a URL. The only thing I had bookmarked was the Taldren main page and now clicking on forum takes to to this one and not the old one.

Nevermind found it in my history. Thanks
« Last Edit: January 16, 2003, 10:27:55 pm by Aldaron »