Topic: SFU Mod Bank: Should there be a Rating Column? Credit to Black Ops Station?  (Read 3291 times)

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello folkes,

Congratulation to SFU and Mr. Brad Bowermaster for creating a marvelous Mod Bank,
It is a great contribution to the whole SFC community and is much appreciated.

SFU Mod Bank link

http://www.strategyplanet.com/sfc/files.shtml

Two items I like to ask opinions on, if I may,

Item 1:
_______
Should there be a Rating Column?  

Item 2:
________
Credit to Black Ops Station?
The order of the starship models bank is unmistakenly that which was that of

Captain Starkillers' and Hawkeyes' Black Ops Station

Should they at least get a footnote of credit at the end of the Models Bank?

GeneralWolfe

jrstandfast

not replying to your question, but....

Huge props to SFU for making these models available.  I had a hd crash and lost nearly everything.  I was so happy finding some of my lost ships.

also nice to find the old modeling tools I lost...  just got to get Milkshape again.

Just wanted to express my thanks to SFU and to all of the people who have archived so many models for us..... including the Black Ops folks

**DONOTDELETE**

jrstandfast,

Why not reply?

**DONOTDELETE**

This is what the core of the issue, to me, is,
Will someone please address it and venture an opinion?
Please.

GeneralWolfe

"Item 2:
________
Credit to Black Ops Station?
The order of the starship models bank is unmistakenly that which was that of

Captain Starkillers' and Hawkeyes' Black Ops Station

Should they at least get a footnote of credit at the end of the Models Bank?

"

Brad Bowermaster

I will put in a foot note of thanks to them, however, I would like to note that we did not leech these models, Atticbat/Starkiller and Hawkeye were members of Starfleet Universe at one time before they left the SFC community and they uploaded these models for our use.

As for the ratings, I'm not going to comment on that. The function came with the file system, I'm not even sure if it can be removed without being a hassle or causing glitches in the file database, I'll have to look into it.  

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello Mr. Brad Bowermaster,

I thank your for your professional and kind consideration of this matter,
If you would be so kind as to add a footnote of thanks to

"Captain Starkillers' and Hawkeyes' Black Ops Station"

for them collecting and organising them, I would appreciate that very much,
Its up to you Sir,

As for the ratings column, that was not the crux of my post,

Thank you for your contribution to the SFC community by proving this precious achieve to all,

Thanks again, and take care,

GeneralWolfe

Quote:

I will put in a foot note of thanks to them, however, I would like to note that we did not leech these models, Atticbat/Starkiller and Hawkeye were members of Starfleet Universe at one time before they left the SFC community and they uploaded these models for our use.

As for the ratings, I'm not going to comment on that. The function came with the file system, I'm not even sure if it can be removed without being a hassle or causing glitches in the file database, I'll have to look into it.    

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by GeneralWolfe »

Brad Bowermaster

No problem General Wolfe.

As for the ratings system. There is no setting to remove it, so I would have to manually remove it, which is always a sign of potential problems. However, personally, I don't see why it would be a problem. It shows how many people downloaded the mod. The ratings, good or bad, show that people took the time to evaluate the model. While the rating system can be abused by bias users who favor one modeler or dislike another, I think its not a big deal. There is an option to add a comments hack, but we felt that was better left to forum posts.  

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello Mr. Brad Bowermaster,

I thank you for your kind consideration of this matter.
The SFU is a priceless SFC contribution to all of us in the SFC community.
Thanks again Sir,

Take care,

GeneralWolfe

Bernard Guignard

Hi Brad
   I also want to pass along my thanks for the model repository. tis a great idea and undertaking.  I hope that people submit to it and use it as the great tool that it can be.    

Anthony_Scott

Quote:

Quote:

that's cool man, Hell I've had the uptmost respect for both of those guys, And I think It's a nice NOD in there direction.

Ditto form me! But as a sidebar, man I LOVE THE CARTOON!!!!!!!!!   LOL LMAO  ROFL