Topic: SC:OP can't enter CD Key  (Read 6357 times)

UnionBuster

SC:OP can't enter CD Key
« on: May 23, 2003, 03:03:08 pm »
Built a new computer and decided to install some games.   Anyway, I installed Orion Pirates and it wouldn't let me enter the CD key.  It puts the cursor in the box, but just sits there making 'dink' noises when I try to type it in.  I then installed the patch that was released in March and the same thing happens.  

Help?  

Parislord

Re: SC:OP can't enter CD Key
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 03:11:07 pm »
I had a similar problem that was gfx-card driver related.  What are your system specs and what drivers are you using for that gear?

Strafer

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 05:35:39 pm »
Another possibility is that OP doesn't have the foreground focus in Windows.
Try to:
Hit the Windows key or CTRL-ESC, then click on the OP indicator on your taskbar to bring it back. Type away...

UnionBuster

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 07:58:51 pm »
Got it working.  Alt-tabbed out then went back in and was able to put the key in.  Thanks

Cleaven

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 09:08:58 pm »
Just in case you forget, take the write protection off the bindings.ini file so that you can edit your hot-keys.

Also put in the OP directory in the "Start In" line in the icons properties.  

UnionBuster

SC:OP can't enter CD Key
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 03:03:08 pm »
Built a new computer and decided to install some games.   Anyway, I installed Orion Pirates and it wouldn't let me enter the CD key.  It puts the cursor in the box, but just sits there making 'dink' noises when I try to type it in.  I then installed the patch that was released in March and the same thing happens.  

Help?  

Parislord

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 03:11:07 pm »
I had a similar problem that was gfx-card driver related.  What are your system specs and what drivers are you using for that gear?

Strafer

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 05:35:39 pm »
Another possibility is that OP doesn't have the foreground focus in Windows.
Try to:
Hit the Windows key or CTRL-ESC, then click on the OP indicator on your taskbar to bring it back. Type away...

UnionBuster

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 07:58:51 pm »
Got it working.  Alt-tabbed out then went back in and was able to put the key in.  Thanks

Cleaven

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2003, 09:08:58 pm »
Just in case you forget, take the write protection off the bindings.ini file so that you can edit your hot-keys.

Also put in the OP directory in the "Start In" line in the icons properties.