Topic: Question about patches and cd's again  (Read 4087 times)

Khalee

Question about patches and cd's again
« on: January 17, 2003, 12:07:57 am »
My version of sfc2 will not rn in win XP pro, no matter what I do. Funny thing is OP runs just fine but EAW wont.

I am wondering if I got the gold edition of EAW would it run

Also is the version number differant from the regular version mine is 2002

And can the Uk patch be used in a US version of the game or is there enough of a language differance to make them incompatable.

Would like to get back into EAW somehow sence hardly no one plays OP.

PS like the new boards but get rid of ranks or You will have people power posting just to get the higher ranks.

Git rid of view because people tend to get mad that so may look but not respond and they will bump itutill people start responding.

It will keep people from posting useless stuff just for the ranks and whatnot.  

Pestalence

Re: Question about patches and cd's again
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 01:26:49 am »
To answer your question about getting the proper patch.. uninstall the game, delete the Taldren folder from your system, reinstall SFC II and patch with full install version of the patch from my site in my signature.. just click on the game link on the left had column once you get to the main site page...

I have Full version patch for USA, UK and GER version of the games.... All patches will bring you to the current US 2036 version, although you still need the appropriate nationality version of patch.

2002 is the US Version thus you will need the US patch for the game, however you may experience a problem running a US version game on a UK version Win XP OS as the key bindings for the keyboard may be different. UK version EAW is initally 2202. But since the patch brings your game over to the US version anyways, I don't forsee a problem.

I am running Win XP Pro and am not experiencing the least bit of trouble playing SFC 1, SFC 2 EAW, SFC 2 OP, or SFC 3.

As For the entering the CD Key, do not launch game from start menu, but instead launch game from C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II\Starfleet2.exe

When game loads and asks for CD Key, click in the strip and type in your CD Key exactly as it appears on the back of your Game CD Case.

When you go to play the game, Always launch the game from the Starfleet2.exe file.

I hope that this information helps...

P.S. here is a direct link to the EAW patch page I have made... all files are local :

http://www.nightsoftware.com/effhq/sfc22.html

Gl and HF

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

Cleaven

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2003, 01:38:27 am »

http://208.57.228.3/ubb/Forum2/HTML/010882.html

a similar question and answer

Khalee

Question about patches and cd's again
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2003, 12:07:57 am »
My version of sfc2 will not rn in win XP pro, no matter what I do. Funny thing is OP runs just fine but EAW wont.

I am wondering if I got the gold edition of EAW would it run

Also is the version number differant from the regular version mine is 2002

And can the Uk patch be used in a US version of the game or is there enough of a language differance to make them incompatable.

Would like to get back into EAW somehow sence hardly no one plays OP.

PS like the new boards but get rid of ranks or You will have people power posting just to get the higher ranks.

Git rid of view because people tend to get mad that so may look but not respond and they will bump itutill people start responding.

It will keep people from posting useless stuff just for the ranks and whatnot.  

Pestalence

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2003, 01:26:49 am »
To answer your question about getting the proper patch.. uninstall the game, delete the Taldren folder from your system, reinstall SFC II and patch with full install version of the patch from my site in my signature.. just click on the game link on the left had column once you get to the main site page...

I have Full version patch for USA, UK and GER version of the games.... All patches will bring you to the current US 2036 version, although you still need the appropriate nationality version of patch.

2002 is the US Version thus you will need the US patch for the game, however you may experience a problem running a US version game on a UK version Win XP OS as the key bindings for the keyboard may be different. UK version EAW is initally 2202. But since the patch brings your game over to the US version anyways, I don't forsee a problem.

I am running Win XP Pro and am not experiencing the least bit of trouble playing SFC 1, SFC 2 EAW, SFC 2 OP, or SFC 3.

As For the entering the CD Key, do not launch game from start menu, but instead launch game from C:\Program Files\Taldren\Starfleet Command II\Starfleet2.exe

When game loads and asks for CD Key, click in the strip and type in your CD Key exactly as it appears on the back of your Game CD Case.

When you go to play the game, Always launch the game from the Starfleet2.exe file.

I hope that this information helps...

P.S. here is a direct link to the EAW patch page I have made... all files are local :

http://www.nightsoftware.com/effhq/sfc22.html

Gl and HF

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Pestalence »

Cleaven

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2003, 01:38:27 am »

http://208.57.228.3/ubb/Forum2/HTML/010882.html

a similar question and answer