Topic: Meltdown US  (Read 2627 times)

Toasty0

Meltdown US
« on: June 02, 2003, 06:58:03 pm »
hehe...

No, it's not what you assume. But, it still may be of interest to some of you.

http://www.microsoft.com/corpevents/meltdown2003/

Quote:

Meltdown 2003 presents the best opportunity for deep technical training on DirectX® 9 graphics, High Level Shader Language (HLSL), and Windows® technologies including a sneak preview of the next version of Windows codenamed "Longhorn".

This event will deliver the most technical and comprehensive content ever provided for the Windows gaming industry, presented by both the DirectX development team as well as leading 3rd parties.

Best,
Jerry  

Ryker

Re: Meltdown US
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2003, 05:01:11 am »
Looks impressive, but for Micro$oft to release an OS which *isnt* backwards compatible (just for force everyone to upgrade) is one HELL of a big gamble, one which I'm not sure will succeed...  

Toasty0

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2003, 04:17:08 pm »
Quote:

Looks impressive, but for Micro$oft to release an OS which *isnt* backwards compatible (just for force everyone to upgrade) is one HELL of a big gamble, one which I'm not sure will succeed...  

Hmm...what does this have to do with Meltdown?

Best,
Jerry  

Ryker

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 08:03:23 am »
Sorry- went off on a tangent

At the meltdown convention will be a preview of Micro$haft's new operating system, codenamed "Longhorn" and due for release in 2005. Did some reading around on it, and posted without explaining what I was on about- apologies!!