Topic: Books for Soldiers.  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Books for Soldiers.
« on: June 23, 2004, 11:35:16 am »
I thought I would Add this as the second post here, as It's Something I Firmly Believe in.

http://www.booksforsoldiers.com/

Books For Soldiers is a soldier support site that ships books, DVDs and supplies to deployed soliders and soldiers in VA hospitals, via our large volunteer network.

If you have old, but usuable paperback books sitting around, collecting dust, why not send them to a solider for a big morale boost?

Many of our volunteers have received email and letters from the soldiers they have adopted.

Help us out, help the troops out, mail them your books
-----------------------------------

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline F9thRyker

• Pimp
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • If it has a pulse, does it have a phone number...?
    • http://www.9thfleet.com
Re: Books for Soldiers.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 11:39:40 am »
Hell yes, but

Books and supplies of course, but DVDs...?

Didnt know they had 5.1 Dolby Digital systems and DVD players in the trenches...?  :o

Man, I guess I missed a lot of new procedures since I last checked...!  :D

The four most powerful men in the galaxy:

The President of the United Federation of Planets...
The Chancellor of the Klingon Empire...The Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire...

...and the Captain of a Federation Starship...

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 11:44:29 am »
Yeah the DVD Caught me off guard also, But I f that's what they want...

I know there's a Beef Jerky Plant about 2 hours away from me, so I'll make the Trip there in a few days, and Try to buy what I can. I've also got so many books That I have read dozens of times, That I can send also.

The Hard part, is that there are so many request's from the Soldiers, and I Have a hard time Deciding who to send things too.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 07:42:32 pm »
 Well SirGod you are done in one of your Favourite forums how does it feel a lttle strange but heh wat the heck.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 08:43:55 pm »
come Again? I didn't understand that Age. I'm Far from done in, and will always Support the Peeps here.

I had some PC trouble today, and Had to reinstall my system, But I think I'm far from Done In Bro.

Stephen