Topic: 21 gun salute  (Read 26303 times)

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
21 gun salute
« on: June 24, 2004, 04:48:47 pm »
"Now entering the Taldren system, captain"

The USS Australia came out of warp and glided into the system. Even at this distance, the light of the red stellar giant at the system's centre bathed the hull in an errie red glow.

"On screen."

The vista of space was replaced by the image of the red giant, pulsating, contracting and expanding. Each contraction squeezing the stellar core just that much firther.

"How long do we have?" asked the captain.

"Sensors indicate any moment now, captain." replied the Science Officer.

"The fleet is haling us. All evacuation procedures complete. " informed the Comms Officer.

"Tactical."

The main viewing screen switched to a schematic of the system showing the stellar core and a doxen planets, several inner terrestrial bodies and some outer gas giants. Ringed around the system were hundreds and hundreds of starships, the largest gathering of beings the galaxy had ever seen.

"My God, would you look at that", gasped one of the bridge crew.

"Take her in, helsman, our position within the fleet awaits us." ordered the captain.

"Aye sir."

The USS Australia moved forward into the cloud of starships, maneuvering around and through them to take up her position. They were all herer, the Federation, the Klingons, the Romulans... every known race in the galaxy, even the Borg, yet no one was firing at each other. Not one starship had even raised shields. All were just sitting there, in space, silent, unmoving, waiting.

"it's started captain."

The stellar giant's pulsations began to become more violent. Huge chunks of stellar matter began to break off from it's surface being hurled out into space. And then it hapenned, the star exploded.

The screen flashed a blinding white, bathing the entourage of the gathered starships in the brilliance of the titanic deth rows of the super giant. An expanding plume of blue plasma fire radiated outwards from what was left of the stellar core. The inner planets, already superheated by expanding gasses were the first to meet with devestation.

"Hot Topics, its gone." murmered one of the crew.

"There goes the Scripters forum."

The onslaught of destruction continued, as each of the planets in orbit around the dying star met its doom, until finally the outer gas giants began to break up.

"The Modellers forum, the General forum, all gone."

Another brilliant flash erupted on the screen. The largest of the planets withstood the carnage longer than the rest, but finally it too succumbed to the stellar violence.

"Dynaverse Experiences II, its really gone"

Glittering in space like jewels in the heavens, the fireworks were reflecting off the hulls of the gathered starships. As the glow of the dying star began to fade, one by one, each of the starships began to power up the heavy weapons.

"Synchronise fire control with the fleet, ensign and open the universal channel."

Bagpipes began to play in the background.

"On my mark", ordered the captain.

There was a pause, a hush over the bridge crew. The captain turned to the weapons officer and nodded.

"The word is given."

The ever so gentle thud of a photon torpedo being fired could be felt through the deck plating. The screen lit up in a myriad of colours as ever starship gathered also fired their heavy weapons. A blaze of disruptors, plasma torpedoes and plasmatic pulsar devices erupted out across space, not once, not twice, but in all twenty one times.
A twenty gun salute for the loss of Taldren.

The gathering of starships sat in silence, watching, paying their last homeages for awhile, then one by one, they began to leave.

"Helmsman, lay in a course for home."

« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 05:07:34 pm by FA_Frey_XC »
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline SSCF-LeRoy

• Kim's Clubhouse Painter
  • Lt.
  • Captain
    • SSCF.net
Re: 21 gun salute
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 04:56:27 pm »

Offline David Ferrell

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • He's a Woozle; his name is Peanut.
    • Dave's Page O Stuff
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 04:57:40 pm »
Wel done Tracey.  :o

Dave

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 05:01:23 pm »

<S> To Taldren

Fires Hellbores into the distance.

UnityTeam

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 05:13:06 pm »
Tracy, I'm shipping this to Castrin's site and STGD. Do you mind?

It was very touching. :'(
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 05:16:09 pm by UnityTeam_STGD »

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 05:25:33 pm »
Go ahead, I dont mind at all.
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 05:35:12 pm »
Awesome.

I was a bit freaked when I logged in about an hour ago and watched forumn after forum blank out at Taldren. But I'm glad that I got over here and gladder still you wrote that. Fine work. 8)
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 05:40:59 pm »
Very nice Tracey.Keep it going to the next Star to the right and onwards and steady as she goes.There will be a new crew to Cammand the once and mighty
StarShip Taldren.Never Forget The Name Taldren Forums

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 05:45:12 pm »
Tracy, I'm shipping this to Castrin's site and STGD. Do you mind?

It was very touching. :'(

More than a little touching

Ravok

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 05:50:05 pm »
 Thanks Tracy. <S> To Taldren. ( Add Kilingon death howl).
 This place is nice but deep down in my heart i will allways feel like an exile.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 05:53:24 pm »
Thanks tracy....

It was like watching your house get torn down....

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!

Offline Merlinfmct87

• When I am dead, I hope it is said, 'His sins were scarlet and his books were read'. --Hillaire Belloc
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Riding Headfirst into a Hurricane...
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 07:26:22 pm »
"Now entering the Taldren system, captain"

The USS Australia came out of warp and glided into the system. Even at this distance, the light of the red stellar giant at the system's centre bathed the hull in an errie red glow.

"On screen."

The vista of space was replaced by the image of the red giant, pulsating, contracting and expanding. Each contraction squeezing the stellar core just that much firther.

"How long do we have?" asked the captain.

"Sensors indicate any moment now, captain." replied the Science Officer.

"The fleet is haling us. All evacuation procedures complete. " informed the Comms Officer.

"Tactical."

The main viewing screen switched to a schematic of the system showing the stellar core and a doxen planets, several inner terrestrial bodies and some outer gas giants. Ringed around the system were hundreds and hundreds of starships, the largest gathering of beings the galaxy had ever seen.

"My God, would you look at that", gasped one of the bridge crew.

"Take her in, helsman, our position within the fleet awaits us." ordered the captain.

"Aye sir."

The USS Australia moved forward into the cloud of starships, maneuvering around and through them to take up her position. They were all herer, the Federation, the Klingons, the Romulans... every known race in the galaxy, even the Borg, yet no one was firing at each other. Not one starship had even raised shields. All were just sitting there, in space, silent, unmoving, waiting.

"it's started captain."

The stellar giant's pulsations began to become more violent. Huge chunks of stellar matter began to break off from it's surface being hurled out into space. And then it hapenned, the star exploded.

The screen flashed a blinding white, bathing the entourage of the gathered starships in the brilliance of the titanic deth rows of the super giant. An expanding plume of blue plasma fire radiated outwards from what was left of the stellar core. The inner planets, already superheated by expanding gasses were the first to meet with devestation.

"Hot Topics, its gone." murmered one of the crew.

"There goes the Scripters forum."

The onslaught of destruction continued, as each of the planets in orbit around the dying star met its doom, until finally the outer gas giants began to break up.

"The Modellers forum, the General forum, all gone."

Another brilliant flash erupted on the screen. The largest of the planets withstood the carnage longer than the rest, but finally it too succumbed to the stellar violence.

"Dynaverse Experiences II, its really gone"

Glittering in space like jewels in the heavens, the fireworks were reflecting off the hulls of the gathered starships. As the glow of the dying star began to fade, one by one, each of the starships began to power up the heavy weapons.

"Synchronise fire control with the fleet, ensign and open the universal channel."

Bagpipes began to play in the background.

"On my mark", ordered the captain.

There was a pause, a hush over the bridge crew. The captain turned to the weapons officer and nodded.

"The word is given."

The ever so gentle thud of a photon torpedo being fired could be felt through the deck plating. The screen lit up in a myriad of colours as ever starship gathered also fired their heavy weapons. A blaze of disruptors, plasma torpedoes and plasmatic pulsar devices erupted out across space, not once, not twice, but in all twenty one times.
A twenty gun salute for the loss of Taldren.

The gathering of starships sat in silence, watching, paying their last homeages for awhile, then one by one, they began to leave.

"Helmsman, lay in a course for home."

Launch Plasma spread...

I think I'm gonna cry. Do you mind if I repost this on my Fleet Forums? It's one of the best posts I've come across... >:( :-[

My best wishes TraceyG, you are a true asset to the forums...

Merlin
Learned the Heart's Filthy Lesson from Joshua Watcher.

The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world own shame.
-Oscar Wilde

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'
-Bob Newhart

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
-Victor Hugo

He Took it all too far..but boy could he play guitar
-David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust

Offline F9thRyker

• Pimp
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • If it has a pulse, does it have a phone number...?
    • http://www.9thfleet.com
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 07:41:40 pm »
[On the bridge of the USS Repulse]

"Tactical, stand by"

"Aye sir, standing by" replied Lieutenant Sweeting.

The entire 9th Fleet had been summoned to the event- taking a few hours to warp to this star system was a small price to pay for the history surrounding it. Everyone was here- summoned by the CO of the USS Australia - Admirals Reprisal, Ken, Nannerslug and Spartan, all the Captains, Commodores and other line officers of the fleet, all assembled to witness the final salute to Taldren.

"Captain, we're receiving a signal from the fleet. Its time, sir" replied Ensign Zell at communications.

"Sweeting, are the Quantum torpedoes loaded?" the captain said

"Yes sir" he said, with heavy heart.

Then, in unison with the rest of the ships from the 9th Fleet, as well as the fleets of the Starfleet Strategic Command Fleet, the Vulcan Strike Fleet, the Starfleet BlackOps squadron,  and countless others, joined the heavy guns of the Federation Protection Fleet, in the final salute to Taldren, as the star swelled up and finally consumed all the planets in the system, in a fiery, and final, display

Over the course of the next few hours, the ships assembled for the last salute to Taldren drifted off, some back to their assignments, back to their races, back to their jobs and lives. All of the ships, except for one.

The USS Repulse remained in position, it's captain unwilling to accept the tragedy, the general feeling of loss permeating the crew.

The communications officer spoke somberly;

"Sir, we're receiving orders from Fleet Command, we are to return to duty"

The captain, though reluctant, realised that he had to say goodbye.

"Very well, ensign. Navigator, lay in a course back to our patrol station."

When the ship began to move away, the Captain, sensing something, moved over to the Science Station. Studying the readout, a small smile played on his face.

"It looks like we're not the last ship here, after all"

The sensor display showed one small vessel, near the sun, still in the system. One lifesign was aboard.

"It looks like Dave Ferrell's life signs on board, sir"

Moving over to the front rail of the bridge, Ryker watched as the Repulse left the system.

"Though yet of Taldren, our dear friend's loss the memory be green, and that it us befitted to bear our hearts in grief, and our whole kingdom to be contracted in one brow of woe, yet so far hath discretion fought with nature, that we with wisest sorrow think on him, together with remembrance of ourselves."

"Was that a poem, Captain", Sweeting asked.

"Hamlet, ensign, Act 1 Scene 2."

"Sir?"

"Just something that came to mind", said Ryker A small smile broke out on his face, as he remembered good times past at Taldren, and thought of the bright, enduring future of the Dynaverse beyond...

"Helm, belay that last course change"

"Aye sir. New course?"

"Second star to the right, and straight on till morning"

« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 07:46:26 pm by F9thRyker »

The four most powerful men in the galaxy:

The President of the United Federation of Planets...
The Chancellor of the Klingon Empire...The Praetor of the Romulan Star Empire...

...and the Captain of a Federation Starship...

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004, 08:28:47 pm »
Nice writing, Tracey!!

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline DAnahos_XC

• Senior Minister Of Denial
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • MY Homepage!
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2004, 09:37:19 pm »
Nice job Tracy!

Daew Anahos_XC
Riov S'LKalabam Daew Anahos_XC
RIS Aehallh Hnoiyika

Senior Minister Of Denial (Unofficially)

Romulan Ministry Of Denial

XC Romulan Squadron I
Unofficial XC Club House Cooridnator

"One useless man is a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more are called congress!"

William Daniels, 1776

KnightAdvancer

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 10:15:21 pm »
A chapter ends. A new one begins. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Like all new homes, this one will take some time to become one.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 10:21:53 pm by KnightAdvancer »

Offline S33K100

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Brutal, savage, uncivilised, treacherous.
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2004, 10:25:42 pm »
 :'(

As Ravok said, this place is nice but many of us will never feel right without Taldren. Moving post Tracey...

Fires plasma torpedos and moves off
If I determine the enemy's disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then the deepest spy cannot discern it, nor the wise make plans against it.

Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'.

S33K100: formerly Marauth

Offline Merlinfmct87

• When I am dead, I hope it is said, 'His sins were scarlet and his books were read'. --Hillaire Belloc
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Riding Headfirst into a Hurricane...
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 12:29:05 am »
Would it be too cheesey to re-visit this post when we can fire Webs, Shield Crackers, and DisDevs?

I think that would be a fitting tribute. The Dream didn't die, does that make sense? The spirit of Taldren is still alive?
Learned the Heart's Filthy Lesson from Joshua Watcher.

The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world own shame.
-Oscar Wilde

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'
-Bob Newhart

Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent.
-Victor Hugo

He Took it all too far..but boy could he play guitar
-David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust

Offline I, Mudd

• Oz
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Pimpin' ain't easy in the 23rd century ...
    • Planet Mudd
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 12:34:22 am »
Would it be too cheesey to re-visit this post when we can fire Webs, Shield Crackers, and DisDevs?

I think that would be a fitting tribute. The Dream didn't die, does that make sense? The spirit of Taldren is still alive?

I like the sound of that ... I just hope it becomes a reality.

I, Mudd.

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2004, 12:51:50 am »
The MSC Maus moves into position and fires a full spread of drones. (MDC+) Contacts Tracey to say will done my human friend.  :'(

As everyone else has said, i too will miss Taldren.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!